|Use time||36 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons an Enchanted Sword to fight for you|
|Buff tooltip||The Blades of the Empress will fight for you|
The Terraprisma is a Hardmode, post-Plantera summon weapon. It spawns a detached copy of itself that rapidly attacks nearby enemies. It is a guaranteed drop from the Empress of Light when all damage dealt to the Empress occurs during the day.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Terraprisma has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When summoned, the sword will be spawned behind the player instead of at the cursor position. It will also hover behind the player when idle. If more than one sword is summoned, they will arrange themselves in a wing-like configuration.
- The Terraprisma's attack pattern consists of an extremely quick stab, before constantly attacking with a spinning motion similar to the Zenith until the target is dead. This pattern will repeat each time the sword changes targets.
- Terraprisma's minion have custom immunity frames, allowing them to hit more often than other piercing attacks.
- Unlike most minions, the sword will immediately return to the user's side, preventing it from getting stuck behind blocks and blocking its field of vision.
- The Terraprisma swords will not move/attack through blocks by default, but if they attack an enemy in direct line of sight, they will then continue to attack any other nearby enemies, ignoring blocks, before returning to the player.
- The Terraprisma ignores marked enemies from whips or summon staves. Instead, it always attacks the enemy closest to the player.
- The minions leave a rainbow trail while moving.
- If dyed with Critter Shampoo, most basic and gradient dyes will have little effect on the sword's colors due to its bright coloration. Bright dyes will work properly as they override the sword's color completely.
- When dyed with Critter Shampoo, certain dyes will change the size and shape of the sword. Living Ocean, Living Flame, and Twilight dye will do this.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Like the Blade Staff and Sanguine Staff, the Terraprisma's precise movement, tracking and fixed idle position make it an ideal choice for assisting the player with faster bosses and for crowd control.
- If the player's back is against a wall, door, or other solid block, the Terraprisma will phase through the solid block, attacking any enemies within range.
- As it will always attack the enemy closest to the player, the user should always stay close to the intended target since marked enemies (via a whip or ⚷ Open / Activate with the Terraprisma) will not be prioritized.
- It is the best summon weapon in Terraria in terms of DPS. A disadvantage, however, is its short range.
- Because the Terraprisma does not move through blocks, while arguably the best/highest damage summon weapon available, some players might opt for minions that ignore blocks altogether, such as Xeno Staff's UFO's. This is especially useful when AFK farming, specifically in the Dungeon, as enemies will often teleport in and attack through blocks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although its sprite appears to be a sword, it is actually a summon weapon. This is similar to other sword lookalikes such as the Sky Fracture, which is actually a magic weapon, and the Durendal, which is actually a whip.
- Just like the Eventide, the Terraprisma seems to be based off of the Empress of Light's Ethereal Lance.
- Despite the tooltip, the summoned minions look nothing like the Enchanted Sword item or the Enchanted Sword enemy.
- The Terraprisma has the highest base damage of all minion-summoning weapons despite being obtainable pre-Golem and only having a rarity of . This is most likely due to the high difficulty of fighting the Empress of Light during the day.
- The Terraprisma is the only minion-summoning weapon that does not have the word "staff" in its name.
- When multiple minions are summoned, their pattern actually forms a helix. This is only visible with very large numbers of minions.
- Like the Last Prism, the Terraprisma has secret color themes for developers and beta testers. This is triggered by using a specific set of character names:
List of names Name Color(s) Acamaeda Green/Yellow/Red Alchemystics Red/Pink/Purple Antithesis Light Blue/Black Aurora3500 Purple/Blue/Green Cenx Pink/Green Criddle Yellow/Orange Crowno Purple Darthkitten Red/White darthmorf Dark Red/Black Discipile Yellow/Orange Doylee Red/Pink/Blue Ghostar White/Blue/Black Grox The Great Light Blue/Green Jaxrud Green/Yellow Jenosis Yellow/Red/Pink Kazzymodus Green/Black Khaios Dark Green/Black Lazure Red/Pink/Blue Leinfors Purple Loki Red/Black ManaUser Blue/Green Mid White/Red/Black Nike Leon Orange/Red ppowersteef Yellow/Red RBrandon Dark Orange Redigit Blue Serenity Pink/White Sigma Yellow/Red Unit One Blue/Yellow Vulpes Inculta Purple Waze3174 Red/Yellow/Green Xman101 Orange/Black Yoraiz0r Pink Zoomo Purple
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Summoning three Terraprisma to attack two Mimics.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Buff sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 220.127.116.11.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]