Terraria 2 is to be the second installment of the Terraria series. Little is known about the nature and content of the game, and there is currently no release date. Redigit explained that while the game will have "a lot in common with the original", it will also be "quite different". He "want[s] to expand on the whole Terraria universe". Specifically, he revealed that there are likely going to be infinite worlds, more biome diversity, and a cohesive lore.
Terraria 2 has been in some form of development since February 2012. It was originally mentioned that Redigit would be working on Terraria: Otherworld before developing Terraria 2, but Terraria: Otherworld has been cancelled on April 13, 2018. Redigit has since returned working on Terraria full-time. The state of the game is currently unknown, as there have not been news in recent years.
- Well Here's A Thing: Redigit Tells RPS There's A Terraria 2 Oct 3, 2013
- Terraria 2 Will Have Infinite Worlds and Be 'Quite Different' Oct 3, 2013
- Terraria 2 announced, creator wants to include "infinite worlds" Oct 3, 2013
- I am Redigit - Creator of Terraria. Ask Me Anything! Sep 27, 2013
- Gotta be honest, I'm not really hyped for 1.3. Aug 17, 2014
- Gotta be honest, I'm not really hyped for 1.3. Aug 20, 2014
- This is the End: Otherworld Development Cancelled Apr 13, 2018
- Cenx on Twitter Jan 4, 2017
- Cenx on Twitter Oct 16, 2017