|Mr Pie 5|
- 1 Vandal reports
- 2 Other issues
- 2.1 Constant notification to try "Dark Mode" (which is not a gameplay issue)
- 2.2 Developer API for JSON fetching
- 2.3 Page Editing Glitch?
- 2.4 Please add the Link for dedicated Server Downloads
- 2.5 Images do not display
- 2.6 Template:Dotlist improvement
- 2.7 Stardust Armor Trivia
- 2.8 Aglet page states two different values
- 2.9 Princess Trivia.
Constant notification to try "Dark Mode" (which is not a gameplay issue)
Hello Admin folk,
Can a cookie be developed to make the "Reading hard on your eyes? Try dark-mode (blah-blah-blah)" to go away when I'm signed in and utilizing dark-mode for eons now?
I wasn't sure where to post this since it's a site issue and has zero to do with playing the game. Please advise if there's a better place to address this crucial (ha) matter (but still)... it takes up a decent and unnecessary amount of my browser page consistently.
I knew you'd understand ;)
Thanks, Motozappa (aka Dan) Motozappa (talk) 05:21, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
- Clicking "[dismiss]" on the right side of the popup should hide it permanently, unless the
dismissSiteNoticecookie gets reset. I don't think it's possible to automatically disable it if you already have dark mode enabled though, since it uses MediaWiki:Sitenotice. --Eraloiz (talk) 06:37, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
- Hi Eraloiz, I installed the "Cookie-Editor" add-on in Firefox, deleted the dismissSiteNotice cookie and when the notice returned I disabled Dark Hydra and then dismissed the notice on the upper right. I've returned to Dark Hydra and hope the notice stops popping up. Thanks for the quick help, Motozappa Motozappa (talk) 18:11, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
Developer API for JSON fetching
Hello! I was wondering if this mediaWiki has the developer API enabled so we could parse pages from JSON and create some neat tools based off of the information captured here?
For example, a fun side project would be re-creating the Guide's ability to look up crafting recipes, but in this case pulling the latest information from this wiki :)
Let me know if you have any questions! Best, Dan Hagmandan (talk) 17:51, 9 January 2021 (UTC)
EDIT: from reading earlier posts, i found my answer :) thank you!
Page Editing Glitch?
If the screenshot I tried to upload didn't appear, I'll explain what's happening; whenever I finish an edit and go to save the changes, the popup that's supposed to have me input my reason for changing the page and the 'save changes' button appears behind the page's paragraphs. Every time I try to press a button, it clicks onto the paragraphs instead.
I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem, or if it is caused by me not having an account, but this keeps happening. This time, a captcha popped up, and because I can't click on it (due to paragraphs being on top of it), I cannot save the changes I made. I'm not sure if this is where I'm supposed to bring problems like this, but I didn't see anywhere else to do so.
[EDIT] I zoomed in to 110% and it moved the box in front of the paragraphs, so I could save. Pretty sure this still isn't how the page is supposed to work though...
22.214.171.124 05:11, 15 January 2021 (UTC)
Please add the Link for dedicated Server Downloads
Terraria was updated and there is a new Terraria Server Software. Found here: https://terraria.org/system/dedicated_servers/archives/000/000/043/original/terraria-server-142.zip
Please add the link to this list: https://terraria.fandom.com/wiki/Server#Downloads
Images do not display
The images on all pages are gone, they're even removed completely from the DOM. This happens consistently across different browsers and devices for me (and on all language wikis). Does anybody have a clue what's going on? --Rye Greenwood (talk) 15:53, 8 April 2021 (UTC)
I don't know if this is related but will post under this topic anyway. It seems to be a possible bug related to the template/code that generates NPC's icons in eg this page https://terraria.fandom.com/wiki/NPCs/preferences (note that the page has not been edited so it's not related to the specific page). Also when previewing in edit mode the icons do appear. Timbof5 (talk) 00:12, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- This is most definitely just a caching issue, and not a site, db, or image repo issue. You can forcefully purge the page with ?action=purge (or from the "More" drop-down, if the Purge gadget is enabled), which should also resolve the issue. Since it's likely a browser caching issue, deleting the relevant portion of your browser's cache will also force an update and resolve the issue. Forcing a refresh of the page with Ctrl+F5 should resolve the issue, but possibly won't. Purging the page, however, should be consistent for all readers.MoltonMontro (talk) 01:02, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- Cache related sounds likely, I also noticed some code was modified related to caching recently but i can't say if that's relevant. I already tried force update and it did not help, but visiting the same page now it works, the images are showing correctly. I did not try ?action=purge or anything like that (nor should that be a viable solution to all ask users to do..) - I guess someone did something? Timbof5 (talk) 02:05, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- I tried purging cache on https://terraria.fandom.com/wiki/Healing_Potion which was still displaying without images since this issue started. Used the url https://terraria.fandom.com/wiki/Healing_Potion?action=purge and uit helped. But isn't this likely to be a problem for many users? I did nothing to warrant this behaviour. Does purging the cache work at server level? If so maybe a full cache purge is warranted at this time Timbof5 (talk) 02:19, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- It's certainly not my browser cache though, as I went to a page I haven't visited yet (https://terraria.fandom.com/wiki/Silly_Balloons) and it had no images. I did the ?action=purge and voila, but there's gotta be a way an admin could do a site wide purge? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Timbof5 (talk • contribs) at 02:51, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- I didn't mention it in my initial reply, but the caching issues won't be permanent for any reader, regardless of whether or not they end up manually trying to resolve the problem.
- Someone with access to the server (specifically, the LocalSettings.php configuration file) should be able to resolve the issue "at the server level" by setting $wgCacheEpoch to the current date & time–this would forcefully invalidate every page, including media files. Ideally, the configuration FANDOM uses would avoid issues like caching irregularities, but I don't know what their setup is. In my initial reply, I said it was "most definitely [not] a site, db, or image repo issue", but what's most likely happened is that they've changed either the file repository being used, and/or the wiki's configuration for/to their repo. The fancy URL path to the image repo, for example, has most likely changed recently, which while still ultimately a caching issue it would help explain why you couldn't see Silly Balloons.MoltonMontro (talk) 16:42, 13 April 2021 (UTC)
Hi! Can you please add zero width spaces in Template:Dotlist when
inline=y (on both sides of the dots)?
The HTML code is
That’d help marking e.g. secret world seeds by double clicking them.
- The dots are created using pseudo-elements, and there was in fact already a zero-width space in the
pseudo-element of each list item. It seems that it didn't have any effect, though, so I moved it to the actual content of each list item. You should be able to select a single list item by double-clicking it now. --Rye Greenwood (talk) 16:59, 27 May 2021 (UTC)
Stardust Armor Trivia
Since the developers have confirmed that the Stardust Guardian is not a reference to Jojo, why not just remove that info from the page and leave a note in the codes? The editing restriction is now preventing the edits to change a grammatical error. BadPiggy1024 (talk) 12:08, 25 June 2021 (UTC)
- That's fair, I have disabled the abuse filter. Sorry for the inconvenience! --Rye Greenwood (talk) 17:37, 26 June 2021 (UTC)
Aglet page states two different values
Hello admins, I know this seems like an easy fix but I cannot find a way to change it myself. On the page for Aglet it states correctly that it is a 1/45 drop chance from crates but on the drop infobox it states 1/225 (on both wooden and pearlwood crates) which is incorrect. I think the problem comes from the Drops cargo table which also states the incorrect value of 1/225. I'm not sure how to edit the table so I believe that only admins can do it so that's why I'm bringing this up. Demonic680 (talk) 16:10, 28 July 2021 (UTC)
- The crates have a 1/45 chance to drop a single item from the group of items the Aglet is in. Since there's 5 items in that group, 1/225 should be correct. I've updated the page. --Eraloiz (talk) 19:19, 28 July 2021 (UTC)
- Alright thanks for clearing up the confusion Demonic680 (talk) 17:25, 29 July 2021 (UTC)
I found that the interaction quote "Like my dress? Gee, thanks! Just sewed it." could be a reference to 7 rings by Ariana Grande. Maybe add it to the trivia? Filip_Nwakor (talk) 20:23, 24 July 2021 (UTC)