Terraria Wiki:Admin noticeboard
Vandal reports[edit source]
Other issues[edit source]
Please add the Link for dedicated Server Downloads[edit source]
Terraria was updated and there is a new Terraria Server Software. Found here: https://terraria.org/system/dedicated_servers/archives/000/000/043/original/terraria-server-142.zip
Please add the link to this list: https://terraria.fandom.com/wiki/Server#Downloads
Constant notification to try "Dark Mode" (which is not a gameplay issue)[edit source]
Hello Admin folk,
Can a cookie be developed to make the "Reading hard on your eyes? Try dark-mode (blah-blah-blah)" to go away when I'm signed in and utilizing dark-mode for eons now?
I wasn't sure where to post this since it's a site issue and has zero to do with playing the game. Please advise if there's a better place to address this crucial (ha) matter (but still)... it takes up a decent and unnecessary amount of my browser page consistently.
I knew you'd understand ;)
- Clicking "[dismiss]" on the right side of the popup should hide it permanently, unless the
dismissSiteNoticecookie gets reset. I don't think it's possible to automatically disable it if you already have dark mode enabled though, since it uses MediaWiki:Sitenotice. --Eraloiz (talk) 06:37, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
Hi Eraloiz, I installed the "Cookie-Editor" add-on in Firefox, deleted the dismissSiteNotice cookie and when the notice returned I disabled Dark Hydra and then dismissed the notice on the upper right. I've returned to Dark Hydra and hope the notice stops popping up. Thanks for the quick help, Motozappa Motozappa (talk) 18:11, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
Developer API for JSON fetching[edit source]
Hello! I was wondering if this mediaWiki has the developer API enabled so we could parse pages from JSON and create some neat tools based off of the information captured here?
For example, a fun side project would be re-creating the Guide's ability to look up crafting recipes, but in this case pulling the latest information from this wiki :)
EDIT: from reading earlier posts, i found my answer :) thank you!
Page Editing Glitch?[edit source]
If the screenshot I tried to upload didn't appear, I'll explain what's happening; whenever I finish an edit and go to save the changes, the popup that's supposed to have me input my reason for changing the page and the 'save changes' button appears behind the page's paragraphs. Every time I try to press a button, it clicks onto the paragraphs instead.
I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem, or if it is caused by me not having an account, but this keeps happening. This time, a captcha popped up, and because I can't click on it (due to paragraphs being on top of it), I cannot save the changes I made. I'm not sure if this is where I'm supposed to bring problems like this, but I didn't see anywhere else to do so.
[EDIT] I zoomed in to 110% and it moved the box in front of the paragraphs, so I could save. Pretty sure this still isn't how the page is supposed to work though...
22.214.171.124 05:11, 15 January 2021 (UTC)
Images do not display[edit source]
The images on all pages are gone, they're even removed completely from the DOM. This happens consistently across different browsers and devices for me (and on all language wikis). Does anybody have a clue what's going on? --Rye Greenwood (talk) 15:53, 8 April 2021 (UTC)
I don't know if this is related but will post under this topic anyway. It seems to be a possible bug related to the template/code that generates NPC's icons in eg this page https://terraria.fandom.com/wiki/NPCs/preferences (note that the page has not been edited so it's not related to the specific page). Also when previewing in edit mode the icons do appear. Timbof5 (talk) 00:12, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- This is most definitely just a caching issue, and not a site, db, or image repo issue. You can forcefully purge the page with ?action=purge (or from the "More" drop-down, if the Purge gadget is enabled), which should also resolve the issue. Since it's likely a browser caching issue, deleting the relevant portion of your browser's cache will also force an update and resolve the issue. Forcing a refresh of the page with Ctrl+F5 should resolve the issue, but possibly won't. Purging the page, however, should be consistent for all readers.MoltonMontro (talk) 01:02, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- Cache related sounds likely, I also noticed some code was modified related to caching recently but i can't say if that's relevant. I already tried force update and it did not help, but visiting the same page now it works, the images are showing correctly. I did not try ?action=purge or anything like that (nor should that be a viable solution to all ask users to do..) - I guess someone did something? Timbof5 (talk) 02:05, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- I tried purging cache on https://terraria.fandom.com/wiki/Healing_Potion which was still displaying without images since this issue started. Used the url https://terraria.fandom.com/wiki/Healing_Potion?action=purge and uit helped. But isn't this likely to be a problem for many users? I did nothing to warrant this behaviour. Does purging the cache work at server level? If so maybe a full cache purge is warranted at this time Timbof5 (talk) 02:19, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- It's certainly not my browser cache though, as I went to a page I haven't visited yet (https://terraria.fandom.com/wiki/Silly_Balloons) and it had no images. I did the ?action=purge and voila, but there's gotta be a way an admin could do a site wide purge? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Timbof5 (talk • contribs) at 02:51, 9 April 2021 (UTC)