|Use time||25 (Fast)|
- Terrarian Beam
The Terrarian is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord yoyo with a reach of 25 tiles and an infinite spin time, allowing it to stay in the air indefinitely. Similarly to the Flairon, it fires short-lived projectiles at a rapid rate that home in on nearby enemies and bounce off of walls while being used. The Terrarian has a
11.11*1/9 (11.11%) chance to drop from the Moon Lord, and is currently the most powerful yoyo in the game.
On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, and Nintendo Switch version, the Terrarian's best modifier is Legendary. Although yoyos cannot normally obtain the Legendary modifier, the Terrarian is an exception and receives a unique set of boosts from the Legendary modifier; +17% damage, +8% critical strike chance, and +17% knockback.
On the tModLoader version, its best modifier is Godly, consistent with all other yoyos.
- Striking an enemy with the Terrarian's projectiles will activate an equipped counterweight, even if the yoyo itself does not hit. Counterweights deal damage equal to the Terrarian itself, but do not feature the projectile effect.
- When paired with the Yoyo Bag or Yoyo Glove accessories, a second Terrarian will circle the first. They are identical in every way, including the green projectiles that the Terrarian shoots.
- Single-target DPS of the Terrarian is limited by penetrating weapon immunity frames. On every registered hit, immunity frames that lasts for 1/6th of a second will be gained by the target. In other words, the Terrarian is only capable of damaging a single target 6 times a second at most. Using a Yoyo Bag or Yoyo Glove does not improve the damage output against a single target, because a single normal Terrarian is already capable of hitting a target 6 times a second.
- The Terrarian is available in reality from One Drop YoYos . In November 2015, the original "Terrarian" came out, and then, in June 2019, a related yoyo called "Legendary Terrarian" was released by One Drop Yoyos. Since the release of 18.104.22.168 in May 2020, the Terrarian can be reforged to a Legendary Terrarian in-game as well.
- Fittingly with being dropped by the Moon Lord, it appears to be made from Luminite, based on its hue.
- The Terrarian alongside the Zenith has the second-highest base damage of any melee weapon in the game, falling behind the Meowmere by 10 base damage. However, despite this, it usually has a higher DPS than the Meowmere because of the homing projectiles and the effect of the Yoyo Bag.
- The Terrarian has the longest reach, highest knockback, and highest base critical strike chance of any yoyo.
- It is the only yoyo that shoots projectiles.
- The Terrarian-exclusive Legendary modifier has the internal ID 84 (
Legendary2), whereas the Legendary modifier for all other weapons has the ID 81 (
Legendary). The usual Legendary modifier applies a speed bonus that cannot be applied to yoyos, so a special Legendary modifier had to be coded that would be applicable only to the Terrarian.
- The Terraria DLC tModLoader adds the April Fools Joke item, which appears to be a Terrarian but inflicts a number of novelty debuffs upon use.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can now get the Legendary modifier.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- One Drop Yo-Yos on Twitter Jul 9, 2015