|AI Type||Tesla Turret AI|
70112168 (Electric Bolt)
|Banner||Martian Tesla Turret Banner|
|Debuff tooltip||You cannot move|
|Chance||66.67% (Electric Bolt)|
The Tesla Turret is a Hardmode enemy found only during the Martian Madness event. It is built by Martian Engineers and is completely immobile. Every three seconds, it will fire an electrical projectile at the player, which inflicts the Electrified debuff for a short amount of time. It will continue to stay in place until destroyed by the player.
- Dealing damage to the Tesla Turret delays its next attack by half a second.
- The Tesla Turret's aiming is somewhat inaccurate; while it roughly targets the player, its projectiles shoot randomly within a certain spread. It is less accurate the closer the player is. For instance, if the player is less than 5 tiles away, the projectiles may be shot within a spread of more than 200°, meaning that they possibly shoot in the opposite direction of the player. Furthermore, the Tesla Turret is the most accurate when the player is aligned horizontally or vertically with it; it is the least accurate when the player is positioned diagonally to it.
- It takes two seconds for a Tesla Turret to spawn and begin operation. It is invulnerable during this period, but will deal contact damage.
- Over the course of the event, a large number of Tesla Turrets can appear if Martian Engineers are not properly dealt with. This can lead to the player becoming overwhelmed by their attacks. To avoid getting overwhelmed, the player should focus on defeating Martian Engineers first before anything else.
- It appears to be a weaponized Tesla coil, hence the name.
- The Bestiary entry for the Tesla Turret: "Named after a historic Terrarian, these turrets are built by Martian engineers and rain devastating energy upon anyone nearby."
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.