The Axe is a Hamaxe that looks very much like a guitar. It is a rare drop from Plantera, a Hard Mode boss in the Underground Jungle. When swinging The Axe it plays an electric guitar sound effect. It can be used as a weapon with its auto-swing and high base damage and it is currently the best hammer and axe in the game.
- The Axe is one of the few hammers capable of breaking Demon Altars and Crimson Altars.
- When it was first added, it was incapable of breaking Altars.
- It is a 1 in 50 drop chance from Plantera, making it the hardest hamaxe to get in the game.
- The best prefix this tool could have is "Legendary".
- This is one of the few weapons/tools that when in use and walking backwards allows the player to moonwalk.
- The Axe's appearance closely resembles the design of a Gibson "Flying V" guitar.
- This item is a reference to Plantera's name origin, Pantera, a groove metal band.
- Dimebag Darrell, Pantera's guitarist, often uses Gibson "Flying V" guitars which makes this a second reference to the band Pantera, since it is the favorite band of the Terraria developer, Cenx.
- The name of the item and sprite used for this item is a reference to guitars being nicknamed "Axe(s)."
- The Axe, along with the Magical Harp, is one of the few musical weapons in the game.
- Drop rate increased from 0.5% to 2%.
- Added to the game.
|Wooden Hammer||Copper Hammer||Iron Hammer||Silver Hammer||Gold Hammer|
|The Breaker||Flesh Grinder||Meteor Hamaxe||Molten Hamaxe||Pwnhammer|
|Hammush||The Axe||Solar Flare Hamaxe||Stardust Hamaxe||Nebula Hamaxe|