|Placeable||✔️ (1 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Breaks when fallen on|
'Watch your step'
Similar to Ice Blocks, Thin Ice has reduced friction, and players will slide across it. Thin Ice will break if a player falls on it at a certain speed, usually achieved by falling normally onto it. Landing on Thin Ice will not cause fall damage itself, but it will not slow the player's fall on contact, and fall damage will continue to accumulate until the player lands on another block type (unlike Cobwebs, for instance, which reset fall damage). Ice Skates or any of the combined accessories that use them as an ingredient can be used to land on Thin Ice without breaking it and dropping through (also potentially taking fall damage, however).
Thin Ice is destroyed permanently when broken, dropping nothing. On the Old-gen console version, version, Switch version, and tModLoader version, Thin Ice cannot be picked up, crafted, or moved in any way.
total: 1 row(s)
- When Thin Ice is broken underwater, any pool of water it is in will retain its water level.
- Thin Ice blocks only break from the top. It is not possible to run through Thin Ice horizontally, or crash upwards through the bottom. Using a grappling hook to attach to a Thin Ice block from above will break through the block, but grappling from any other side is safe.
- The use of a Gravitation Potion will not break the underside of the ice block. Using a gravitation potion and falling towards the top of the block will result in it breaking. This leads to the conclusion that Thin Ice blocks can only be broken from the top side.
- Effects that slow fall speed, such as Featherfall Potions, slowing one's fall with Rocket Boots, or falling through water or Cobwebs, can prevent the player from crashing through Thin Ice.
- When not underwater, grappling to the bottom of a Thin Ice block can still drown the player.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now be crafted.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Now appears in large clusters separate from bodies of water.
- Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Chests, crystal hearts, and statues should no longer spawn on Thin Ice.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.