Have you tried using purification powder on the ebonstone of the corruption?
Thrown Powders are items that can be used to convert blocks and walls between their Crimson, Corrupt, or Hallowed forms. When thrown, they release as a cloud spread with a very short range, comparable to that of a Broadsword, and produce a fair amount of light. Thrown Powder comes in three variants:
Purification Powder is able to revert any Corrupted or Crimson Blocks, but not walls, back into their pure form, such as reverting Ebonstone into Stone or Crimsand into Sand. It is purchased from the Dryad for 75each, while a Blood Moon is not active.
Vile Powder is able to convert blocks and walls, including the Crimson and the Hallowed ones, into their Corrupted form / pure form, such as converting Pearlstone into Ebonstone / Stone. If thrown at a Bunny, Penguin, or Goldfish, it will turn into its Corrupted variants: Corrupt Bunny, Corrupt Penguin, and Corrupt Goldfish, respectively. It can be crafted from Vile Mushrooms or can be purchased from the Dryad for 1 each, during a Blood Moon in a Corrupt world.
Vile Powder can be used to spread the Corruption onto convertible tiles.
Vicious Powder is functionally identical to its counterpart, Vile Powder, to where it can convert blocks and walls, including the Corrupted and the Hallowed ones, into their Crimson form / pure form. If thrown at a Bunny, Penguin, or Goldfish, it will turn into its Crimson variants: Vicious Bunny, Vicious Penguin, and Vicious Goldfish, respectively. It can be crafted from Vicious Mushrooms or can be purchased from the Dryad for 1 each, during a Blood Moon in a Crimson world.
Vicious Powder can be used to spread the Crimson onto convertible tiles.
total: 2 row(s)
total: 5 row(s)
- Purification Powder will not clear through Corrupt or Crimson thorny bushes, leaving the player to manually break them before they spread their respective biome.
- To affect walls, there must be a block within 1-tile of that wall when the Thrown Powder is used on it. Purification Powder does not revert Corrupted/Crimson infected walls to their pure form.
- The Clentaminator offers an easier alternative to converting background walls.
- Purification Powder is one of the only methods of tunneling through Ebonstone or Crimstone to reach Shadow Orbs / Crimson Hearts in pre-Hardmode without needing to defeat the Eater of Worlds or the Brain of Cthulhu, the other methods being to use explosives or a Reaver Shark.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Vile and Vicious Powder can now be used to spread their respective biome, and turn the Hallow directly into their biome instead of purifying it.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprites updated. Old sprites were , , and for Purification, Vile, and Vicious Powder respectively.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Vicious Powder is now sold by the Dryad.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Vicious Powder is now used in crafting recipe for the Bloody Spine.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Vicious Powder introduced.
- Vile Powder tooltip changed from "Removes the Hallow" to "Banishes the Hallow".
- Purification Powder can now purify Tortured Souls.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Tooltip for Purification Powder changed from 'Cleanses the corruption' to 'Cleanses the evil'.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Vile Powder is no longer sold on Crimson worlds.
- Desktop 1.2: Current powders given new sprites. Old sprites were and for Purification and Vile Powder respectively.
- Desktop 1.1: Vile Powder no longer deals damage, and can now remove the Hallow.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced Purification and Vile Powder.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.