|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||17 (Very fast)|
- Thunder Zapper
The Thunder Zapper is a Desert-themed magic weapon obtainable in pre-Hardmode. It is found in Sandstone Chests in the Underground Desert or in Oasis Crates obtained from fishing in the Oasis. When cast, it launches a fast-moving, non-piercing projectile that is unaffected by gravity and will disappear with a visual explosion that does no damage after traveling for about one second or when hitting a solid block. The projectile moves up and down in a randomized zig-zag pattern horizontally, but not vertically (traveling straight when shooting directly up or down).
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- Due to the medium mana cost and the very fast speed at which it auto-casts, it can be seen as an alternative to the gem staves. However, due to its lack of piercing and the fact its DPS is lower than the higher tier staves, it is generally an inferior option.
- The zig-zag motion of the projectile facilitates some unusual trajectories, e.g. through a half-tile gap.
Shooting a Skeleton with the Thunder Zapper.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 22.214.171.124.4.1: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced.