Thunderstorms are an uncommon event that occurs when wind speed reaches 20 mph and rain level is at 50%. They will continue until either wind speed drops to 16 mph or rain level drops to 40%. It is essentially a combination of the Rain and Windy Day events.
Storms will retain all of the same effects as the Rain event, including all rain enemies and initiating blizzards in the Snow biome. However, no enemies or special items from Windy Days will be present.
Occasionally, lightning will strike creating a flash of light on the screen, which is then followed by thunder. Wind picks up significantly when Thunderstorms are happening, causing leaves to fall at exceeding rates.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lightning bolts cannot strike the player, as lightning is just a visual effect.
- Music for the surface Snow, Corruption, and Crimson biomes will not change when a Thunderstorm is occurring.
- NPCs have special dialogue during Thunderstorms.
- Contrary to the Guide's quotes, no new enemies will spawn during a Thunderstorm.
- The Weather Radio will detect Thunderstorms.
- There is an Experimental features option to disable the flashing effect that comes from lightning.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On older Mobile versions, similar lightning effects would be present when it rained. However, there was no sound of thunder.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 184.108.40.206.