Tin Ore is an early game ore, which spawns on the surface as well as in the Underground and Cavern biomes. It is the second weakest and most easily obtained tier of ore in the game. Its primary use is to make Tin Bars, which can be used to create the tin tier of equipment. The equivalent of Tin Ore is Copper Ore, which will sometimes replace tin on a world. Tin Ore has a small chance to appear as a bonus drop from Slimes.
- Even if the world spawns Tin instead of Copper, the player will always start out with copper tools.
- Similar to copper, new players may want to avoid wasting effort trying to mine tin ore (unless they wish to utilise it for decorative purposes) as wood/cactus armor and copper tools easily outweigh the usefulness of this ore.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.