|Use time||25 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Has a chance to cause Bleeding|
The Tizona is a post-Ocram sword that has the ability to cause the Bleeding debuff upon impact. It is capable of autoswing and prevents the player from turning while swinging. When swung, a yellow/red fire animation is shown, similar to the visuals of the Fiery Greatsword, but does not inflict the On Fire! debuff.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- Enemies can never regenerate health in any way, so Bleeding inflicted by this weapon will damage enemies, instead of preventing natural health regeneration.
- Note that no enemies or bosses are immune to the debuff.
- Unlike most other debuffs, Bleeding deals damage 5 times per second.
- For some players, the Tizona is unnecessary to craft because of its inferior stats. The True Excalibur and True Night's Edge do more damage, have projectile attacks, and can be obtained earlier into the game, although they do rely on the luck of dropping Broken Hero Swords from Frankensteins and Swamp Things, with a 0.4% (1/250) chance during a Solar Eclipse.
- Tizona is one of the swords carried by the medieval knight Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar, also known as El Cid. According to the epic poem Cantar de mio Cid, Tizona was used to fight the Moors in Spain.
- The name Tizona translates to either "burning stick" or "firebrand". Despite this, the Tizona does not inflict On Fire!.
- On the Collector's Edition poster, it is said to inflict Slow instead of Bleeding.
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed and replaced with Chlorophyte Claymore. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Removed and replaced with Chlorophyte Claymore.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.