A town is a player-created mini-biome where two or more NPCs are present (including the Old Man, Traveling Merchant, and town pets). Towns reduce the spawn rate of enemies, and towns with three or more inhabitants have unique music tracks for both day and night.
When a vendor NPC has a price modifier of 85% or less (see NPC happiness), they will sell the biome-specific pylon. These pylons only require two NPCs (including the Old Man and town pets) to function.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Only NPCs that are within a 240×135-tile rectangle centered on the player are considered inhabitants of the town. If there are fewer than two NPCs in this rectangle, the area is not considered a town.
- Due to NPCs being present while in a town, critters have increased spawn rates.
- Even if you have 3 or more NPCs in a town created in The Underworld, its enemies will still spawn, but the spawn rates are slightly reduced.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced.