|Use time||28 (Average)|
- Toxic Flask
- Toxic Cloud 1
- Toxic Cloud 2
- Toxic Cloud 3
The Toxic Flask is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that has a
2.5*1/40 (2.5%) / 4.94*79/1600 (4.94%) / 3.75*3/80 (3.75%) chance to be dropped by Dr. Man Fly during the Solar Eclipse event. It throws a flask with low velocity and a heavy arc that explodes on impact and creates a spread of small toxic clouds that constantly damage enemies, even through blocks. The clouds last for one to two seconds.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- The Toxic Flask is similar to the Inferno Fork, with its lingering projectiles and low velocity. While the Flask can potentially deal more damage, it has a higher mana cost and very limited vertical range.
- While the Toxic Flask excels against crowds of enemies, it is usually less effective against single resilient enemies like bosses.
- Since its toxic clouds can go through blocks, it can be used as an effective tool against enemies that can travel through blocks like worms, Wraiths, Deadly Spheres, or Reapers.
- A single cloud will instantly disappear each time the weapon damages an enemy, which may or may not limit effectiveness depending on how many enemies are within the spread.
- The Toxic Flask, Molotov Cocktail, and the Ale Tosser are the only weapons to feature a thrown bottle/glass projectile.
- It is the only magic weapon to have this property.
- Despite having "Flask" in its name, it is in no way related to the buff-granting Flasks: It can neither be consumed nor can it apply buffs to melee weapons.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Drop rate in Expert Mode increased from 3.75% to 4.94%.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.