- Internal Item ID: 5010
The Treasure Magnet is an accessory which increases the pickup range of items from 2.625 tiles to 12 tiles. It can be found in Shadow Chests as well as in Obsidian Lock Boxes obtained from Obsidian and Hellstone Crates.
When an item is within its range, before directly flying to the player, it will hover a few blocks off the ground.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The item pickup range is a rectangular area. Normally, it is a 5.25×5.25-tile rectangle, centered on the player. The Treasure Magnet greatly increases the size of this rectangle to 24×24 tiles.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Treasure Magnet also affects pickups like Hearts, Stars, Nebula armor power-ups, and Etherian Mana. This makes them safer to collect, which is helpful during boss fights or events.
- While it therefore combines the effects of the Heartreach Potion, Celestial Magnet, Gold Ring, and their respective upgrades, the range increases from those items are greater than that of the Treasure Magnet. It does stack with those items, however – for instance, with both the Celestial Magnet and the Treasure Magnet, the pickup range for Stars is increased to 30.75 tiles.
- It is helpful when using the Laser Drill, as the drill's large range often leaves mined blocks out of normal pickup range.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]