The Tree Globe is a thrown consumable item sold by the Zoologist for 3 after 50% of the Bestiary (261 entries) has been filled out. When a Tree Globe is thrown, the surrounding trees in the current biome switch to another random style.
- Tree Globes only work when thrown onto biome grass or snow.
- When thrown into another biome while in a different biome, no change of styles will occur.
- The only biomes affected by the Tree Globe are the Forest, Jungle and Snow biome due to them having the only trees with alternate styles.
- Trees in the Hallow are not affected by the Tree Globe, but instead have styles that match with specific Hallow backgrounds. Thus, Hallowed trees can only be changed with World Globes.
- The Tree Globe projectile is considered a ranged projectile internally, therefore it benefits from ammo conservation. However, this is limited to ammo conservation bonuses provided by armor items – the Magic Quiver, Ammo Box, and Ammo Reservation Potion have no effect on the Tree Globe.
- Desktop 1.4.2: Fixed an issue where Fossil Pickaxe, Tree Globe, and World Globe would fall through blocks forever when dropped.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 188.8.131.52.4.1: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Introduced.