|Note: This article is about future Terraria updates. For past updates, see Desktop version history, Console version history, Mobile version history, and 3DS version history.|
Re-Logic staff members occasionally announce and/or hint at various details of Terraria updates that are still in development. This page lists those details.
Since the updates described here have not been released yet, and many of these details are only conjectured based on comments or screenshots provided by the staff, all items here may be subject to change, or may not end up in a future Terraria update at all.
- One or two new secret world seeds[forums 3], described by Redigit as "something special for the brave of heart".[tweets 2]
- Several new items:
- A pet-summoning item named the Resplendent Dessert.[youtube 1]
- A Minecart named the Fart Kart that periodically plays a fart sound and releases green particles while moving.[tweets 3][tweets 4]
- A purple-colored variant of glowing moss.[tweets 4]
- A coral furniture set.[forums 3]
- A new variety of wood and its respective furniture set.[tweets 5]
- A new type of liquid.[tweets 6]
- At least one new painting.[tweets 7]
- Several changes to existing items:
- Most stackable items will have their max stack limit increased to 9999.[forums 2]
- Pressing ⚷ Open / Activate on the Eternia Crystal Stand will skip the remaining wait time between Old One's Army waves.[youtube 1]
- The cost of Defender Medal purchases from the Tavernkeep has been reduced significantly (averaging 33-40% less medals for the majority of items).[youtube 1]
- Sharpened, Clairvoyance, Ammo Box and Bewitched buffs now last until death.[youtube 1]
- Duration of all sentries has been increased from 2 to 10 minutes.[youtube 1]
- Paintings and statues will now glow with the Spelunker buff.[youtube 1]
- Some informational accessories readouts will dim when inactive.[tweets 8]
- The change in 188.8.131.52 to only allow accessories with a visual component to be equipped in vanity accessory slots will be reverted.[reddit 1]
- Projectile Tombstones will deal damage (similar to Boulders) in "a certain seed".[reddit 2]
- Ropes can now overlap with other background tiles like platforms and Minecart Tracks.[tweets 7]
- A crafting recipe for the Magic Mirror will be added.[reddit 3]
- Metal Detector will be able to detect Gelatin Crystals.[tweets 9]
- The War Table will grant a buff that increases the maximum amount of sentries, similar to the Bewitching Table.[reddit 4]
- Life Crystals and Mana Crystals can now be placed down.[tweets 10]
- Celestial Sigil[forums 4]
- Dark Lance [youtube 1]
- Damage increased from 29 to 34.
- Now inflicts Shadowflame on hit.
- Now has approximately 15-20% more reach.
- Drill Containment Unit[forums 4]
- Mining speed increased.
- Added ability to remove walls.
- Frostbrand [youtube 1]
- Now fires its projectile more often.
- Projectile now inflicts Frostburn.
- Flairon [youtube 1]
- Detection range for bubbles to chase after enemies increased by 30%.
- Bubbles now last 33% longer.
- Hive Pack[forums 4]
- Scourge of the Corruptor [youtube 1]
- Now has more consistent and higher overall average number of Tiny Eaters.
- Tiny Eaters now move and chase enemies faster.
- Star Wrath [youtube 1]
- Projectile stars will now use their own independent immunity timer (allowing each star to hit an enemy; previously only one could hit at a time).
- Lunar Portal Staff [tweets 11]
- The Lunar Portal Lasers now move much faster.
- True Excalibur [tweets 12]
- Now has a longer reach and a new visual effect when swung.
- True Night's Edge [tweets 13]
- Fires a new projectile.
- Terra Blade [tweets 9]
- Fires a new projectile.
- There is one more possible name for the silver Cat, Tula.[tweets 14]
- There is a new town pet coming to the game, Town Slimes.
- Slime bonus drops may now include Fallen Stars.[tweets 4]
- The Angler will now have a chance to give an extra furniture loot drop (in addition to his main reward) upon completing a quest. The odds of this will increase as the player completes more quests.[youtube 1]
- Drop rate for all rare pirate drops have been doubled on regular pirates and Pirate Captains.[youtube 1]
- The Goblin Summoner may be renamed to Goblin Warlock.[reddit 5]
- New Macaw critters found in the Jungle surface.[forums 4]
- Bast Statues can now be randomly found placed inside Desert Underground Cabins, in addition to being found inside chests.[youtube 1]
- A Plantera's Bulb will now spawn immediately after defeating all three mechanical bosses.[youtube 1]
- A new death message: "<player name> became an astronaut."[tweets 15]
- You can exchange your pet with a Pet License.[forums 4]
With Journey's End being designed to be a conclusion to Terraria, no new major content updates are planned for the Desktop version. However, Re-Logic has stated that they would like to implement cross-play[forums 5], allowing Multiplayer between the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version. This will require feature parity between all three versions to function properly, as Cenx has stated[tweets 16].
In the past, Redigit has mentioned plans to release Terraria 2[other 1], a separate game from the cancelled[forums 6] Terraria: Otherworld, although little information is known about the nature or content in the possible upcoming sequel at this time, including whether it still exists.
- Journey's End 1.4: Official Item Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread, reply by Leinfors January 5, 2022
- Terraria State of the Game - March 2022 March 31, 2022
- Terraria State of the Game - April 2022 April 28, 2022
- Terraria State of the Game - May 2022
- Terraria State of the Game - January 2021 January 20, 2021
- This is the End: Otherworld Development Cancelled April 12, 2018
- Cenx on Twitter February 9, 2022
- The final, final, final, seed February 18, 2022
- I would like to introduce the Fart Kart April 18, 2022
- Mistakes were made April 20, 2022
- Still checking your Cell Phone when nature calls? All the cool Terrarians are into #toiletfishing nowadays... May 9, 2022
- I've already decided what it is. It's called *spoilers* May 10, 2022
- Rope May 9, 2022
- Some info accessory readouts will go dim when inactive, popping back up when relevant again! This should draw some extra attention whenever that rare enemy shows up! March 10, 2022
- We were having a good time. May 10, 2022
- Sometimes, I like to pick up Life Crystals. And then, later, I like to put them back down. Its the simple things in life that make it all worth it. May 12, 2022
- Lunar Portal Staff needed a little juice, so we made an offering to the Moon Lord. The call was answered! February 22, 2022
- Blessed Melee 💖May 2, 2022
- More testing shenanigans- The Triple Threat. 🤪 April 26, 2022
- Well how about that! May 2, 2022
- Redigit on Twitter February 19, 2022
- Once we reach parity on all platforms we will begin attempting cross play. :) February 25, 2020
- Since 1.4.5 is a QOL patch, bring back accessory swapping, reply by Leinfors April 6, 2022
- What could go wrong? Change my mind, you wont., reply by Redigit April 21, 2022
- Crafting Idea for magic mirror, reply by Leinfors May 9, 2022
- We Need This in the 1.4.4 Update., reply by Leinfors May 10, 2022
- Why does the Goblin Summoner drop a weapon for every class except summoner?, reply by Redigit May 13, 2022
- Terraria 1.4.4 Update Announcement! February 14, 2022
- Well Here's A Thing: Redigit Tells RPS There's A Terraria 2 October 3, 2013