Hey just letting you know i changed all the admins comments to appear blue like the wikia staff so people don't get rude or smart. If you want i can remove it or change the color for u. Gracey91 ✉ 17:06, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
Hey i have added colors to all admin names so they will appear blue anytime its used. That includes page history, wiki activity and any links to your page will also be light blue. If you want me to change your color let me know. Gracey91 ✉ 05:11, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
Good to see you
Hery there Port, good to see you back online! It's been a while since I last saw you active, but again it's good to see you back with us. Edit onward dude ^_^
09:18, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, hello there Pathogen, I have both seen and heard of your efforts, but never have spoken to you before, hows life on the wiki, as after not being able to edit it for 6 weeks(3 off a broken computer 3 because I lost the will to do anything terraria related,) I figure I have missed much. Port5 04:23, February 2, 2012 (UTC)port5
- You have? I'm honored to hear that. :) It's quite well for me at least, getting along with the usual edits and such, also trying to push peacefully past the current conflict, while resolving it along the way. As I said, It's good to see you back, and I see I have Hero to thank for that? ^^ Anyway, if I'm online, feel free to have a chat, and I may be able to play for a bit too if you so wish.
04:33, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Good to hear, and yea, Hero is amazing in that sense, he actually got me back to my senses by reminding me about how often the wiki gets in trouble, and he actually did show me a bit of his mod, the conversation really rejuvinated me, anyways, I have been having a lot of fun on terraria lately, and if you do wanna play, I still have about an hour, with terraria up and no actual progress made whatsoever. Lol, losing a mansion kinda sucks, but Hero apparently lost more than I did, with his favorite world (been running through 2000 hours of play, shit,) by accidently deleting it when he thought he was backing it up. Steam account is Deathspade42. Also... it feels pretty good to be back. Port5 05:16, February 2, 2012 (UTC)Port5
- (On a side note, your picture and signature are pretty epic. I be jealous.)
- Alas, its been a while since I have last posted, and now I'm being kicked off. Sadface.jpeg. See you tomarrow Path. Port5 05:52, February 2, 2012 (UTC)port5
- Oh dearie me, that's quite a loss on both sides. D: Glad to see you're back though, as the wiki was starting to seem a little barren. I'll certainly have to join in at some stage, though I also have to go soon, so I guess I'll catch you sometime tomorrow after school. (On your side note, thanks! It's great to see that they're liked \(°▼°)/)
06:07, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
Discussions Have Begun!
umm, is there any way ni can view any replys to my posts? is kinda annoying to serch all around the wiki to see if ppl have replyed to me. please reply! thanks! : ) ~DT.hak
Well, its hard for my to reply to you because you didnt put four tildes (~) before your name you just put ~(yourpossiblename) which means for me to post that you have a message i have to put DT.hak in the search bar and hope its actually your name. I can however, give you a link to the template. Also, problem with that, you will need to tell people when you talk to them to put that template on your page. Port5 02:40, February 11, 2012 (UTC)port5
Lol hey man, to show what I think you're trying to, you'll have to type
on the page. ^ᴗ^
11 Feb, 2012 - 02:48:44am
- Hey, you know, I said it the way I did because I ALREADY put that on his page. Port5 02:51, February 11, 2012 (UTC)Port5
- Just sayin, your a little late.
srry, im new. got my account about a week ago. ill try not to make the mistake again. thnks! : ) DT.hak 17:48, February 11, 2012 (UTC)
About the Steampunker
|Hello, Port5. You have new messages at F-E-L-I-N-E's talk page.|
I was wondering; do you think it would be a good idea to let anyone add videos, but then use Terraria Wiki:Proposed Videos for videos which have been deemed controversial for whatever reason (edit warring, quality concerns, etc.)?
Something like that just happened on the Vampire Knives page, and I directed the users to post their videos there, so I figured it would be a good idea to ask the other admins before making it official (and thus making the Proposed Videos page more visible somehow).
- I'm not really sure how we should work with this, considering Hero has been adding his videos. I don't think he knows about the video policy, though tons of his videos are already on the wikia. If we start restricting videos (even if they provide information just as Terrariahelp's or Hero's videos do,) then we would have to make Hero go through the process too. It seems overly complicated, and I think videos that get proposed should be removed if they don't provide completely relevant information. Port5 (talk) 20:15, October 5, 2013 (UTC)Port5
- Hero's videos are usually pretty uncontroversial (they are mostly well researched and of high quality), so they wouldn't be affected by what I am proposing here. (That, and it looks like he was told that the current version of the Video Policy is currently on hold.)
- What I was hoping for with this was for adding videos to articles to remain open to everyone, but to also have a system by which conflicts over videos could be resolved by the community.
- (As an aside, I agree that the Video Policy as it stands now is overly complicated and needs serious revision.)
- Alright, I updated the Video Policy with the new information for now (also made a note of it in the community message to the right of Special:WikiActivity). Feel free to change it/open a new discussion on it as you see fit; I thought it would be best to update it now rather than move on without a Video Policy for too much longer during the height of the update hype.
Disabling Achievements/Spam Blogs/other stuff
Hey Port. You still around?
Anyway, a few things:
Considering how we've had a large number of users creating low-content/spam blogs or otherwise farming for achievements over the past few months, I talked with a few users a little while ago (including Squazzil and TerrariamcSwaggins, among others) about potentially disabling achievements on this wiki. Would you have any particular objections if this were to happen? As I've expressed in the past, I feel like disabling achievements at this point would have minimal impact on a wiki of this size, so I'd like to think that the good in such a decision would outweigh the bad.
Additionally, do you think it would be a good idea to make a way for users on this site to propose new wiki policies? It has become more and more clear over time that there are some things (such as categories, the aforementioned blog posts, etc.) which desperately need to be regulated (or at least better explained), but there isn't really a way of doing that at the moment (there have been a couple of attempts at policy changes in the forums over the past few months, but they didn't really yield any results). What I had in mind for this purpose was creating a template like this one to be placed on the proposed policy page, then discussion about the policy would take place at Terraria Wiki talk:Policy. If need be, we could update MediaWiki:Community-corner, MediaWiki:Communitymessages-notice-msg, and MediaWiki:Wiki-navigation to make new policy proposals more visible.
Let me know what you think!
- As a follow-up to this message:
- Pretty much everyone I talked to about it agreed, so achievements have been disabled*.
- More importantly, the Proposed Policy template has been implemented (and mentioned in the MediaWiki pages I linked above, explained in Terraria Wiki:Policy, etc...)! I ended up creating a proposal for changes to the Image Policy in order to test it out, which can be found here. Feel free to comment on it if you have time. :)
- *(Interesting aside about achievements: apparently, if we ever want to re-enable them, they would not actually be fully reset – instead, they would be in the state they were in when they were last disabled. Something to keep in mind if the proposed policy...policy works as planned.)
Re: Don't mind me, just never here
|Hello, Port5. You have new messages at Oscuritaforze's talk page.|
Manual of Style
Hey Port. How's life treating you?
You may or may not have noticed, but there is currently (finally!) a discussion going on regarding implementing a manual of style on this wiki. Considering how this is a particularly major policy change (based on the discussion from a few years back on the testing wiki), your input would be greatly appreciated (if you have the time to give it, of course)!
i got i problem with the new map it stands it is always disabled and when i press it so it stands enable it goes back to disabled. wy can it be like so?
your new member from sweden Hansen97