|This page is an archive. Please do not edit the contents of this page. Direct any additional comments to the current discussion page.|
- Thanks for informing me, Math. I'll have a look properly as soon as I can. ^ᴗ^
- Hello there!
RE: Something rather interesting...
(Replying over here since someone has been cluttering my talk page lately -sigh-) Thanks for the link! Some of those images were pretty funny :P. Glad you found a job, I'm still in the market, so to speak =/. But that's good that you'll hopefully be able to rectify your computer situation soon. By the way, I saw over on anime planet that you've been watching a lot of Fairy Tail lately, are you enjoying that?
Oh and, have you been keeping up with currently airing shows this season? Campione! has been particularly enjoyable. I actually went to baka-tsuki to read the Campione! Light Novels (link) (first 6 volumes translated into English, you can download them as PDF files or just read them online) and they are awesome!!!
Also, are you watching Hagure Yuusha no Estetica (link to myanimelist description)? If I were trying to convince someone to watch this, my sales pitch: "High School DxD is not ecchi. THIS is ecchi. Also, in most ecchi shows, the girls beat the crap out of the perverted male protagonist. In this show, they pee their pants in the shadow of his badass presence."
- Oh my, well I'm certainly hoping for the best on your part! Heh, I have been enjoying it ^ᴗ^; my girlfriend got me back into it, as she has the majority of the DVDs. *I am so jealous of her*. In all honesty, I've not been keeping up all that much, though you may have noticed that I'm up to ep4/5 of Campione! so far.
- Oooh, I'll have to have a look at the light novels as soon as a get a proper opportunity, they've piqued my interest already! And to simplify my reaction to Hagure Yuusha no Estetica; *opens up lists on anime-planet and MAL, triple-checks that it's on them* I honestly can't wait to see this, it looks awesome!
- It just occurred to me that I forgot to reply to this! Sorry :P. Anyways, yes the Campione! Light Novels are excellent, please do read them when you get the chance! The fights just get to be outrageously epic. Did you know that Erica is voiced by the same person who voiced Seraphim in Kore wa Zombie desu ka and Rias Gremory in High School DxD? I was surprised to learn that :)
- By the way, yes, Fairy Tail is awesome. I have the first 3 soundtracks and they're the best! The only other anime soundtracks that come close to Fairy Tail's for me are Fate/stay night/zero and Campione! Every Friday night a new episode gets subbed and I always stay up to make sure to watch it. All summer has been a filler arc since the anime caught up to the manga, but I think in Fall it'll be a back to canon again. Still, even this filler arc is pretty epic. Just goes to show you how good a show it is -- even the fillers are well thought out and epic.
I just want to personally thank you for being so active on the Terraria Wiki. It means a lot to take time out of one's day to help out as much as you do.
- Thank you very much for taking the time to say that, Turbogoggles. It really means a lot to me! :) As you've probably guessed, I do enjoy editing around the wiki itself, as well as helping out the community whenever I get a chance. ^ᴗ^
Congrats on getting 1st place in terraria wiki!
Congrats on being number one terraria wiki user! Also could you give me a few tips on how to prepare on the eye of ctulthu? I'm planning on doing it with another person but I don't want to die instantly. I currently have silver helm iron breastplate and copper boots. As for weapons a gold broad sword a silver bow and a wooden boomer. 120 health. I hope you have the time to write a reply! And I'm not sure how 2 do a signature but I am dragonvaledaily 123. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Dragonvaledaily123 (talk • contribs). Please sign talk page posts with
~~~~ (4 tildes).
- Hi there Dragonvale, thanks for the congrats! In regards to the EoC, I'd say the best way for you to try and take it on at your level would be to stockpile as many shurikens as you could, then use them to try and take it down. In regards to a signature, to just post one at the end of your message you need to type ~~~~. That should cover everything for now, if not, please don't hesitate to ask me further! ^.^
These frequent messages may be getting annoying, but I want to make a category boss summoning items, but I'm not sure how. :/--Dragonvaledaily123 (talk) 13:35, August 19, 2012 (UTC)--Dragonvaledaily123 (talk) 13:35, August 19, 2012 (UTC)
Profiles & stuff
Hey, I wanted to do some profile-related enhancements to the wiki (looking for something new to work on :) and was wondering if you had any suggestions or interest related to this? In particular, I was considering the following:
- Creating some Terraria userboxes: ("This user has hallowed armor." "This user hates Steam." etc.)
- Updating MediaWiki:Welcome-user-page so that people have a cooler-looking default profile?
If you think this is worthwhile, or if you have other suggestions, please let me know! I'm still brainstorming at this point.
- Heck yeah, I've seen some userboxes around in past days, an I've always thought they were an innovative and aesthetically pleasing idea! I'll have to wait until I receive my new motherboard before I can actually get into anything, as the majority of my old files are on my other hard drive; but definitely count me in. :)
|Hello, The Pathogen. You have new messages at Dzylon's talk page.|
I posted a message at the bottom of the forum you created at Forum:Mod_Namespace_Suggestion. Please offer any suggestions or changes you may wish to regarding the version I've set forth at Terraria Wiki talk:Mod Article Editing Policy. If you have no problems with it, I'll go ahead and implement it (but not before Math and Leet have been given a chance to see this message and respond to it). Thanks,
Hey. After digging through the source code and checking how tConfig handled knockback, I changed the values in Template:Knockback (the TO Wiki is way off). I think the values we have for use time are off as well (my fault), but that will require more testing. Anyway, if you find any discrepancies with the knockback, please let me know. Thanks,
Yeah, looks like the algorithm for knockback is correct now (based on what I see in the Terraria source). Another issue is 'use time'. I've consistently thought the tooltip on items about speed was determined by an item's 'use time' -- this is not the case. Instead, it is determined by 'use animation'. Drkpanoz (talk) 11:33, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Wonderful to see you've discovered this! Thanks for messaging me as to changing the template, heh. I'll keep an eye on it, though I doubt it'll be far off now, with a range of only 15. (Then again, the range of the previous scale was 10, so...)
A word for you, or three
This. Is. Win.
- Gahh, forget to edit for ALL the days! Oh, and in relation to your message itself: (To quote Yuuji from ep1 of Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni!) ...OHMYGOD!
- Yes, can't wait for season 2 it's going to be epic!! Also thanks for the nowrap thingy, I've actually updated my signature with a number of different things, such as adding a gradient and making the avatar link to my contributions page. (I put the nowrap you suggested into my signature template rather than directly in Special:Preferences, since my signature already uses a span tag as a container anyways)
Reborn Mod wiki
Hey, since you've worked a bit on the Reborn Mod wiki in the past, I was wondering if you had any opinion on whether or not we should ask for it to be redirected here to the Terraria Wiki? Reborn Mod wiki seems to be pretty much abandoned, I think it would be better to send anyone who plays Reborn Mod to our wiki instead, as the content is more up to date (or more likely to be updated, at least, since the other wiki doesn't have any active editors).
I already started a blog post there and sent in a Special:Contact request a couple weeks ago, all I need to do is follow up and ask for that domain to be redirected here. As one of the few people who have ever edited much there, I'd like to collect your opinion before going through with this. Thanks!
- Heh, I've pretty much lost interest in trying to bring that particular wiki back up to speed. I'd be perfectly fine with the idea of it being redirected here, for all of the reasons you've entailed. ^ᴗ^ Sorry I've not stated much on this matter lately (nor have I done much about it), but thanks for still coming to me for my opinion!
Are you often busy?
Hey buddy! I've messaged you on steam a number of times today, and yesterday, and you don't seem to be responding. If you have a bug that sets my state to offline, while I'm online, I fully understand. Happens to me a lot. If you're just busy, then could you possibly reply to me here, or somewhere else if you get a chance?
Also, if we could discuss this on steam: TEH SIGNATURE OF EPICNESS!!!!
Thanks for your time. XD
My Own Wiki
Hey, I was wondering if I should make my own wiki or not. I've been thinking about it, and now that Google Chrome helps me edit and stuff, I might be able to manage. I don't know if I have to pay for it or not, but it would be nice to have my own wiki and stuff. Although, I don't know what kind of wiki I should make. Please reply if you have any suggestions/think that I can manage! (If the wiki is set up I will make you admin. :P)
And also, I copied and pasted this to most admins that I know. Thanks for your time!
Please read this and help me......
My name is Fardeen,username fardin017.
I have been banned from the terraria online web page and i do not know why.
So it would be kind if u could tell the administrator to unban me please.
Again i have done nothing to get banned from the page [terrariaonline.com]
- Hi there Fardeen, first of all I'd like to make clear that we aren't affiliated with TerrariaOnline in any way. Now that that's out of the way, I must ask of any edits on the TO wiki or posts on the TO forum that you have made. I myself got banned from the TO wiki after attempting to create my user page, and having the published page rejected because it had a >2k byte difference for my first edit. Either way, once I'm aware of that, I may be able to help a little more. Thanks for asking btw. ^^
Hey Path, not sure if you got the notification or not. Please check your talk page on Fortesting. Thanks :)
- Heya Dzy, sorry for not replying! I remember checking it, though I also remember completely forgetting to reply. On a much-related note, I love the look of it! The one thing I'd have to "review" (not necessarily criticize) would be organizing the coding for it. I've currently got one idea in mind for how it could be done (at least to begin with) if you were wanting any suggestions. :)
- Here's my idea - no new parameters. Simply keep the drop parameter, with info added like this:
|drops = Item One (50%), Item Two (25%), Item Three (25%)
- - and then use stringfunctions to break apart the info and put the pieces where they belong. The code will be kind of messy, but the editor result will be much cleaner and totally semantic. I'm open to adding "drop1", "drop2", et cetera parameters, though. They accomplish the same thing.
- Your choice completely dude, though your latter stated one was the one I was thinking of, heh. However, I'd forgotten about the stringfunctions option, that sounds quite nice imo. For it to be a little cleaner, could be something along the lines of |drops = Item One;Drop Rate One;Item Two;Drop Rate Two;Item Three;Drop Rate Three and just have the one divider for the strings, one that sequentially divides drop rates from items. Thoughts?
- Yeah, that does sound like a better idea. If we're doing that, we could also break it up even more -
|drops = Lorem,30; Ipsum,20; Dolor,50
- - with a series of functions like this -
- That could keep it more organized. (I checked, that would also work fine with only one dropped item.) The late reply is fine, btw :)
(Reset Indent) Looks great! Saw the page on ForTesting as well, so I can see you're doing some testing on it. And I do like the looks of that last example, seems like it'd do the job nicely. ^ᴗ^
Hey, I noticed you blocked a couple bots that were doing some automated text replacement vandalism. Did you need some help reverting edits or did you manage to get everything cleaned up just fine? P.S. You should chat with me on steam sometime, long time no see :)
|Hello, The Pathogen. You have new messages at Mathmagician's talk page.|
Hey join my server 1 hour left
time when wrote: 6:05
In regards to Rashagein
Hey Pathos, I just wanted to say that I am a "known" Wiki corrector for several other games and just wanted to help out on this page too. Got some few problems with it, 1. It did not save my changes most of the times... No error message, it just did not save it... 2. Links connect to words around them, that was what I tried to correct, not the link itself... Don't get it wrong because of that ;) There was just some irritation to an already well written page... You are very good at keeping the page together and I hope that I can be of assistance the upcoming time ;)
- Hey there Rashagein, no worries about the edit. As long as edits here are made in good faith (and don't deface or detract from an article's subject matter), they tend to be alright. I will admit I had wondered what you meant about the Gravitation Potion link; the link itself was fine to my eyes and screen, as was the surrounding text (disregarding one missing space, which I assume was the object of your concern). However, I do have a question; what internet browser do you use? Such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Also, thanks for taking the time to write that out~! ^ᴗ^
- Hey Pathos, I got some questions... First: Is it possible to send messages? Or does it have to go like this? Second: I am using PaleMoon which I have "modded" to fit to my usage, it is fast and is not the reason for why I saw the link as it was.... I checked it on some other peoples pc's too... It is something wrong with some of the links like that, like that they connect other words too... very disturbing sometimes... Thanks for reading ;)
- The reason I said that is because some Internet Browsers do refuse to save edits in the correct manner, Internet Explorer especially. Though if PaleMoon is Firefox based, it should manage pretty well (Mathmagician uses Firefox without any problems). Also, the only real manner to send messages around here is to add each other on Steam, as Wikia doesn't really support a specific "messaging" feature apart from the Forums or Talk pages.
i have edited articles more than 5 times and also i added information about my profile but still didn't get the badges .-.
can you help in any way?
What happened to the info?
I was looking at some of the weapons pages and I saw that the Gungnir page doesn't have any info on the top. I just thought I'd let you know since that page looks kind of empty.
Anyways, I see you're an admin here. How are things going?
Hi there Pathogen
Good day Pathogen, thanks for saying that you appreciate my contribution to the Cloud in a bottle article. Anyway, this is a good oportunity to say hi! I will try to edit the wiki whenever I see a mistake. See you later Pathogen!Monbaa the Sheep (talk) 16:40, January 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Hey there Monbaa, and again welcome to the wiki! Thanks for taking the time to come to my page and thank me, though the welcome message itself is a preset template that randomly selects an Administrator's name to put at the end (I can hardly take credit for something I didn't actually do, heh). Anyway, if you have any questions, queries or thoughts, feel free to share. I check often! ^ᴗ^
- Hey again, its me. Im wondering, do you happen to have any hooks? I even set up a skeleton farm but no hooks.
- Ive been doing it for about 20 ingame days, but nothing. No hooks. Nothing. Monbaa the Sheep (talk) 21:27, January 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Sometimes the game just doesn't want to drop an item, that is odd that it won't. An easy way to get items is through an inventory editor like TGSE(Terraria Save Game Editor,) but it requires an installation. Another strategy is to go onto a random server and ask around, but don't bring your money with you! Port5 (talk) 21:36, January 25, 2013 (UTC) Port5
- Sadly, I actually don't think I do have any hooks left. I've always found them rather elusive, would you be able to try farming Piranhas as well?
- The place where the skeletons spawn is flooded so there are piranhas. However, piranhas do have a lower drop
- rate of hooks so they are not really the ones I want. But they do spawn loads.
- Ive even gone through loads of undead miners and I saw a Tim but he fell into a deep hole. :( Monbaa the Sheep (talk) 12:45, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Of course, after I get one I get 4 in 7 minutes of farming. Predictable. Monbaa the Sheep (talk) 00:32, January 27, 2013 (UTC) Sigh. Ah well.
- I have a pretty big problem. I went on a server and accidently dropped my gold sword. Do you have any spares? I need one desperately. It took me ages to find that gold. Ive found it elusive. Monbaa the Sheep (talk) 13:40, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I can have a look around for you, if you like. The problem will be finding a time when we can meet up.
hello im new to the wiki and this is my frist time posting (i go on here alot to see crafting recepies) please could you help me out by answering acouple of questions?
1. i need help on multiplayer, i cant join servers and i dont know how to get my ip adress. i have got hamatchi but i have no idea on how to use it.
2.could you suggest a stratagy for the EoW? i have : blade of grass (heavy), deamon bow ( a varioty of arrows), meteor hammaxe (quick), nasty musket (i can make meateor shots), harpoon, ball o hurt, vilethorn, full silver gold leggings feral claws hermes boots quick band of star power obsidian skull and some other things but my deffence is 18 or 19 i cant remember (not on my comp atm)
call me lordinterwebs or lord or interwebs idc
126.96.36.199 15:27, January 21, 2013 (UTC)
RE: Dog Days 3?
|Hello, The Pathogen. You have new messages at Mathmagician's talk page.|
was your message automated or not?
188.8.131.52 01:42, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
- It was. When someone edits on the wiki, the Welcome template randomly selects the name of an admin to post at the end.
Hi,I just wanna ask ,if you dont have any slime statues,im looking for them for days..but i cant find them,please.I will pay you. :) Name price. My skype : rayman1818
my hamachi : terraria-rejmi
- I'll have to look through my worlds for any spares, but if I find any I'll flick you a message!
I am representing The Eden Wiki (14k weekly views), The MCPE Wiki (7k weekly views), and The Block Earth Wiki (200 weekly views). We'd like to make an alliance where if you advertise us we'll advertise you. Please Get back to me!
-Dblcut3 Eden Wiki Admin 20:19, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Hey there Dblcut3, thanks for sending me a message here (and my apologies for not replying sooner). I'll have to discuss it with the rest of the wiki's admins, but from my point of view it sounds like a great idea!
Hey, I just wanted to say what a great person you are, and that you and many other wikia users and contributers have made this wiki my number one source for anything about Terraria. Keep up the amazing work.
Please tell me how can somebody become an admin?
Thanks. I will do everything I can to make this wiki better!