|Use time||36 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons a vampire frog to fight for you|
- Vampire Frog
The Vampire Frog Staff is a pre-Hardmode summon weapon. It spawns a Vampire Frog minion that follows the player and attacks enemies using its tongue. Like other minions, the summoned Vampire Frog is invincible and follows the player for an unlimited amount of time, until the player dies, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff. It has a
12.5*1/8 (12.5%) / 4.17*1/24 (4.17%) chance to be dropped by a Zombie Merman or Wandering Eye Fish, both of which will spawn while fishing during a Blood Moon.
Its best modifier is Ruthless, Mythical, Masterful, Godly, Demonic, or Furious, which all raise its base damage by the same amount due to rounding.
- This minion can be obtained earlier than the Hornet Staff and is fairly useful for close-range defense and clearing out enemies in open areas. However, Vampire Frogs are prone to getting stuck behind blocks. For more agile minions that can target airborne targets, the player can use the Flinx Staff.
- It can do relatively high damage at this point of the game, especially when paired with the Shark Tooth Necklace.
- Because the frog deals damage on contact rather than with a bespoke attack pattern, the vampire frog is one of the few minions that can be tested on Target Dummies without an enemy onscreen.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Damage reverted from 13 to 11.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Damage increased from 11 to 13.
- Enemies can now be damaged by their entire body, not just the tongue, when they are attacking.
- Now use independent immunity timers.
- Drop chance increased from 1/24 to 1/8.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced.