Vampire Frog Staff
|Use time||36 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons a vampire frog to fight for you|
|Buff tooltip||The vampire frog will fight for you|
- Vampire Frog
The Vampire Frog Staff is a pre-Hardmode summon weapon. It spawns a Vampire Frog minion that follows the player and attacks enemies using its tongue. Like other minions, the summoned Vampire Frog is invincible and follows the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff. It has a
12.5*1/8 (12.5%) to be dropped by a Zombie Merman or Wandering Eye Fish, both of which spawn while fishing during a Blood Moon.
Its best modifier is Ruthless, Mythical, Masterful, Godly, Demonic, or Furious, which all raise its base damage by the same amount due to rounding.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This minion can be obtained earlier than the Hornet Staff and is fairly useful for close-range defense and clearing out enemies in open areas. However, Vampire Frogs do not fly, are prone to getting stuck behind blocks, and are strictly close-range.
- It can do very high damage at this point of the game when paired with the Shark Tooth Necklace.
- Because the frog deals damage on contact rather than with a bespoke attack pattern, the vampire frog is one of the few minions that can be tested on target dummies without an enemy onscreen.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Damage reverted from 13 to 11.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Damage increased from 11 to 13.
- Enemies can now be damaged by their entire body, not just the tongue, when they are attacking.
- Now use independent immunity timers.
- Drop chance increased from 1/24 to 1/8.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced.