|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a venom fang that pierces multiple enemies|
- Venom Fang
Its best modifier is Mythical.
total: 1 row(s)
- The Venom Staff always shoots one projectile directly towards the cursor. This effect can be observed when running quickly along an Asphalt sky bridge, autofiring the Venom Staff without moving the mouse. The projectiles will form a neat line.
- The Acid Venom Debuff deals large amounts of damage over time, and the Venom staff applies it for 30 seconds. If the debuff is afflicted and runs its full course on an enemy, it will deal a total of 900 damage.
- If multiple projectiles hit a target, only one projectile will deal damage.
- All projectiles have a limited range, roughly 1.5 times longer than the Poison Staff, dissipating after traveling 58 tiles.
- Additionally, every projectile from a shot can damage a single target.
- There is a 25% damage penalty for every target it pierces. This is based on its current damage, not its base damage. Therefore, the second hit would deal 75% of its base damage, the third would deal (0.75 * 75) 56.25% of its base damage, and so forth.
- The number of projectiles is determined by taking the base of 4, incrementing it by one with a chance of 1/3, then 1/4, and then 1/5. This results in the following chances:
Chance 4 40*2/5 (40%) 5 43.33*13/30 (43.33%) 6 15*3/20 (15%) 7 1.67*1/60 (1.67%)
- The average number of projectiles fired is 4.78.
- Although the tooltip says that it shoots one fang, there are actually multiple projectiles.
- It is one of only four weapons in the game that can inflict Venom without any buffs or bonuses, the others being the Spider Staff, the Pygmy Staff, and the Queen Spider Staff.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Range increased slightly, from roughly 45 to 58 blocks.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Implemented a system that allows ALL of the projectiles to hit a target, to improve the shotgun-like functionality.
- Damage decreased from 63 to 44.
- Reduced number of enemies that each projectile can hit from 7 to 5.
- Applies a 25% damage penalty to the next hit for each enemy a projectile pierces.
- Now has a range before projectiles die, 50% longer than Poison Staff's.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Now inflicts the Venom debuff, instead of the Magnet Sphere.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.