|AI Type||Swimming AI|
|Banner||Vicious Goldfish Banner|
|Coins||5Pre-Hardmode: 1250Hardmode: 10|
- Internal NPC ID: 465
This article is about the crimson enemy. For the critter, see Goldfish. For the corrupt enemy, see Corrupt Goldfish.
The Vicious Goldfish / Crimtane Goldfish is the enemy that results from a Goldfish being corrupted. This can be done either by the player, using Vicious Powder, or by the Blood Moon event on a Crimson world.
- Unlike Corrupt Goldfish, Vicious Goldfish cannot naturally spawn in the waters of the crimson (although Blood Feeders can). Furthermore, Vicious Goldfish do not have an associated banner.
- Although they spawn during the Blood Moon event, they cannot drop Bloody Tears.
- The Bestiary entry for the Vicious Goldfish: "Goldfish become grotesque, blood-sucking fiends of the Crimson when exposed to a Blood Moon."
- Corrupt Goldfish, its Corruption counterpart.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Can now spawn naturally in Crimson water.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Renamed from "Crimtane Goldfish" to "Vicious Goldfish".
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.