|AI Type||Spell AI|
64 / 65 (Eater of Worlds)
96 (Eater of Worlds)
|Debuff tooltip||Physical abilities are decreased|
|Duration||5 minutes10 minutes12 minutes 30 seconds|
Vile Spit is a projectile fired by Corruptors, which are only encountered in Hardmode Corruption biomes. It also fired by the Eater of Worlds in Expert Mode. It moves steadily in a straight line at 36 mph and breaks if it comes in contact with any block. Upon striking a target, Vile Spit has a small chance to inflict the Weak debuff. It can be easily destroyed by hitting it with any weapon or tool capable of dealing damage.
- As it is only fired from enemies that are native to the Corruption, one will not see Vile Spit in a Crimson world, unless an artificial Corruption biome is created.
- Prior to the 1.2 update, Vile Spit would convert any blocks it came in contact with to their Corrupt counterparts.
- Internally, Vile Spit is an NPC instead of a projectile, the reason for this is its ability to be destroyed
- Desktop 1.4.2:
- Vile Spit fired by the Eater of Worlds now has an internal NPC ID of 666.
- Vile Spit fired by Corruptors is now affected by the Corruptor Banner.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Damage of Vile Spit fired from the Eater of Worlds reduced from 65 to 64.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Damage of Vile Spit fired from the Eater of Worlds reduced from 130 to 65.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Now also fired by Eater of Worlds in Expert Mode worlds. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now also fired by Eater of Worlds in Expert Mode worlds. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.8498:
- Fixed bug where Corruptors, along with other enemies, would not spawn, effectively re-adding Vile Spit.
- No longer spreads Corruption upon impact.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.