|Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert Mode and Expert Mode worlds.|
|Tooltip||Releases volatile gelatin periodically that damages enemies|
- Volatile Gelatin
The Volatile Gelatin is an accessory obtained from Queen Slime's Treasure Bag in Expert Mode. When equipped, it periodically fires a small, bouncing, purple projectile, similar to those of the Queen Slime, at a nearby enemy. The projectile deals 65 damage and a knockback of 7 (Strong); these values are unaffected by any boosts. It pierces up to three enemies.
The accessory has a fixed cycle: Once every 0.833 seconds (50 ticks), it attempts to release a projectile in the direction of the nearest enemy. If there is no enemy within 40 tiles, no projectile will be fired and the accessory will go on cooldown for the following 50 ticks.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Like minions and sentries, or the Spore Sac, this accessory is useful during fishing, mining, and other activities where the player is not focused on defending themselves. Its knockback and piercing abilities can also keep the player from being overwhelmed during fights.
- It is useful in the Hardmode Dungeon, where it excels at keeping enemies like Bone Lee away. Combined with the Spore Sac to attack casters through walls, the player can be safe from more than half of the enemies in the Dungeon.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]
- Information taken from the Desktop 22.214.171.124 source code, method
. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 126.96.36.199.
- A tick is a time unit countable by the software. Most of Terraria's updating logic happens every tick. A tick has the length of 1/60th of a second, hence there are 60 ticks in a second and 3600 ticks in a minute.