A Voodoo Demon is a rare enemy found in The Underworld. It is identical to the Demon in behavior, but differs slightly in appearance: a small Guide Voodoo Doll hangs upside-down from one of its talons, and it lacks the blue bracelets and anklets that are worn by Demons.
Voodoo Demons will always drop a Guide Voodoo Doll. Note that due to the terrain of the Underworld, defeating a Voodoo Demon may result in an unwanted summoning of the Wall of Flesh if the Doll falls into one of the many lava pools.
Despite being a fairly rare enemy, the Voodoo Demon is not detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like normal Demons, Voodoo Demons are immune to lava.
- They have a fairly low spawn rate compared to Demons and Arch Demons.
- The Wall of Flesh will only be summoned if the Guide Voodoo Doll drops as an item and is destroyed by Lava. As the Voodoo Demon and the entire sprite is immune to lava the doll will not be destroyed if the Demon makes contact with Lava.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It may be worth investing time into building a 1-block thick bridge over a large portion of the Underworld. This will both ensure that no Guide Voodoo Dolls accidentally fall in lava and make the fights with the Wall of Flesh more manageable.
- In order to effectively farm Guide Voodoo Dolls, it may be worth utilizing the 1 block thick bridge as an arena for battling multiple Demons at once, due to the low spawn rate of Voodoo Demons.
- However, it is worth noting that farming for a Guide Voodoo Doll is not as useful in the Desktop version and Mobile version, as throwing the Guide himself in lava can also summon the Wall of Flesh.
- Farming Voodoo Demons in Hardmode and after a mechanical boss is defeated is not advisable as their spawn can be overridden by Red Devils and Tortured Souls, significantly reducing their average spawn rate – not to mention the high spawn rates of Hellbats and Lava Slimes.
- Farming can be made much easier by using the Secret world seed
for the worthy, which replaces all demons with Voodoo Demons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The sound Voodoo Demons make when damaged by the player was not updated along with regular Demons in 126.96.36.199.
- The Bestiary entry for the Voodoo Demon: "Higher ranking demons can possess a voodoo doll of the chosen one, whose soul is linked with the world's guardian himself."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Sprite updated.
- Now makes the same sounds as regular demons.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Spawn rate increased.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Can now drop the Demon Banner.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Damage decreased from 50 to 32.
- Life increased from 120 to 140.
- Spawn rate increased slightly.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Spawn rate increased. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Spawn rate increased. ()
- Console 1.02: Can now drop the Demon Banner.
- Console-Release: Introduced with changes from Desktop 1.0.6.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 18.104.22.168.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Spawn rate increased.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Can now drop the Demon Banner.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced with changes from Desktop 1.0.6.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 126.96.36.199.