The Vortex Armor set is a hardmode, ranged based armor set from the Lunar Event. Each piece of the set provides bonuses to range, equal to 36% increased ranged damage, and critical strike chance. Its bonus allows activation of an upgraded version of the Shroomite Armor "Stealth Mode". It is also one of the four endgame Luminite sets, along with the Nebula Armor, Solar Flare Armor, and Stardust Armor. Stealth mode on Vortex armor can be toggled , unlike shroomite which you have to stay still to be invisible.
Parts of the Set
- 14 defense
- 16% increased ranged damage
- 7% increased critical strike chance
- 28 defense
- 12% increased ranged damage and critical strike chance
- 25% chance not to consume ammo
- 20 defense
- 8% increased ranged damage and critical strike chance
- 10% increased movement speed
- The Moon Lord will need to be defeated at least twice to collect enough Luminite to craft the set. Same goes with Vortex Fragments.
- "Stealth mode" reduces movement speed drastically while upgrading the damage bonus to 85%. Enemies are also less likely to target the player.
- Asphalt, accessories like Spectre Boots, and Wings can be used to counter the loss in speed somewhat, but Mounts and Minecarts are not compatible with it, and will cancel the stealth mode. Hooks remain unaffected.
- Because the armor's bonuses are universal boosts, ranged weapons that operate differently, such as Piranha Gun, can benefit a lot.
- This set can reach very high critical hit percent chance values. While Critical Chance does not stack in a directly additive fashion, it is easily possible to get 85-95% critical strike chance using ranged weapons with proper ammunition. An S.D.M.G. or Vortex Beater using Venom or Crystal Bullets when paired with this armor, Destroyer Emblem, and Sniper Scope can easily defeat Pumpking, Ice Queen etc. in seconds, and a cloaked player using Sniper Rifle and the same equipment can 1-Shot kill a fully armored player roughly 90% of the time.
- Usually, with any bullet, it is possible to achieve around 300 damage per shot with the SDMG when paired with this armor taking stealth mode into account.
- If the player uses the Shadow Dye, the stealth mode will make the player invisible.
- It is possible to reach 1000 damage per shot with an Unreal Sniper rifle if the player has the full set and is in stealth mode.
- Added to the game.