|AI Type||Fighter AI (ground)|
Spider AI (on wall)
|Banner||Wall Creeper Banner|
- Internal NPC ID: 164 (ground), 165 (on wall)
The Wall Creeper is a spider-like enemy that can be found in caverns, spawning in and around Spider Caves, mostly in pre-Hardmode worlds. Wall Creepers are capable of climbing background walls as well as through platforms, but revert to acting like a fighter enemy when there is no background wall.
- They can be found in large quantities in Spider Caves. These caves can be identified by large amounts of Cobwebs surrounding the cave's walls.
- On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, and Nintendo Switch version, Wall Creepers can still spawn, albeit rarely, in Hardmode. On the Old-gen console, , and tModLoader versions, Black Recluses completely replace them once Hardmode starts. Unless the player has obtained a Wall Creeper Statue, the Wall Creeper Banner will be unobtainable in a world that has already entered Hardmode.
- Like all spiders, Wall Creepers cannot travel through a vertical 2-tile wide shaft.
- They crawl through 1 block tall holes in walls.
- A quote of the Skeleton Merchant suggests that he may have become skeletal due to this spider.
- The Bestiary entry for the Wall Creeper: "They have eight legs, eight eyes, and eight ways to cocoon and feast upon an unsuspecting victim."
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Now drops the Fried Egg.
- Now has its own death sound effect.
- Can now still rarely spawn in Hardmode.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now drops the Wall Creeper Banner instead.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now drop the Spider Banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.