|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Squirts a harmless stream of water|
- Water Gun
The Water Gun is a novelty item that inflicts the Wet debuff on players, enemies, and NPCs for 30 seconds. The Water Gun can be used limitlessly and does not consume any ammunition or mana. It is purchased from the Traveling Merchant for 150 and on the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, and Nintendo Switch version, it also has a
33.33*1/3 (33.33%) chance to be dropped by the Jungle Mimic in a world with the seed celebrationmk10.
The Water Gun cannot be reforged, and therefore cannot have modifiers.
- The Water Gun does not actually create Water; the stream it jets out disappears upon impact.
- The Water Gun cannot be placed on a Weapon Rack but instead on an Item Frame.
- Unlike the Slime Gun, the Water Gun cannot autofire. It however does have a longer range.
- The Water Gun cannot extinguish enemies.
- The water stream fired by the gun can pass through Lava.
- The Water Gun can detonate Land Mines.
- The Water Gun can be helpful against worms, as the Water Gun's debuff effect can be seen in blocks.
- It may be useful in multiplayer to periodically shoot water at a fellow player riding a Cute Fishron mount. The Wet debuff given by the Water Gun triggers the Cute Fishron's buffs.
- The Water Gun resembles the real-life toy water gun Super Soaker 50.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.