|Placeable||√ (2 wide × 4 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
Water fountains are mechanisms that change the color of all nearby water. They can be activated via ⚷ Open / Activate or wire. There are currently 10 / 8 different obtainable fountains, all of which are purchased from the Witch Doctor for 4 each at any time. On the Old-gen console version and versions, they are able to be purchased for free, but are only available after Plantera has been defeated. The range of a Fountain is (when measured from the edges of the sprite) 60 tiles left, 53 tiles up, 60 tiles right, and 53 tiles down
Types[edit | edit source]
|Pure Water Fountain
Internal Item ID: 909
|Common blue as in the Forest, Ocean, etc.|
|Desert Water Fountain
Internal Item ID: 910
|Yellow as in the surface Desert / Underground Desert|
|Jungle Water Fountain
Internal Item ID: 940
|Teal as in the Jungle|
|Icy Water Fountain
Internal Item ID: 941
|Bright blue as in the Snow biome|
|Corrupt Water Fountain
Internal Item ID: 942
|Purple as in The Corruption|
|Crimson Water Fountain
Internal Item ID: 943
|Pink as in The Crimson|
|Hallowed Water Fountain
Internal Item ID: 944
|Magenta as in The Hallow|
|Blood Water Fountain
Internal Item ID: 945
|Red as during a Blood Moon|
|Cavern Water Fountain
Internal Item ID: 4922
|Murky purple as in the Caverns|
|Oasis Water Fountain
Internal Item ID: 4417
|Turquoise as in Oases|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Fountains work in priority from right to left. The furthest fountain to the right of a group of fountains will take priority over the water color of the overlapping affected areas.
- Water fountains will change the color of water when the player is within about 100 blocks of the fountain.
- If using the Biome Hair Dye from the Stylist, the player's hair will change color to that of the biome represented by the fountain.
- The effects of fountains are purely cosmetic. They have no effect on fishing, etc.
- Water Fountains will not color Waterfall Blocks, or their respective wall.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tile sprites for the Cavern Water Fountain were included in the files along with the rest of the water fountains since 184.108.40.206, but were not properly utilized until 220.127.116.11.
- Despite any given world only having one type of world evil, the Witch Doctor will still sell both types.
- Despite the Hallow being a Hardmode feature, the Witch Doctor will sell the Hallowed Fountain at any time, even in pre-Hardmode.
- After the fountains were re-sprited in 18.104.22.168, the Icy Water Fountain became the only fountain to have a colored part in its sprite.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Cavern and Oasis Water Fountains introduced.
- Rarity changed from 0 to 1.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Water Fountains are now once again always sold, even if Plantera has not been defeated.
- Price increased from no value to 4.
- All water fountains have new sprites.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed the bug where the wiring system was not activating doors, Music Boxes and fountains properly.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed tile sheet for water fountain to remove two bars that vanish when you turn them on. (Jungle/Snow biomes).
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.