Waterleaf is a type of herb which appears as a very small, aqua-colored sprout. It can be found growing on Sand and Pearlsand Blocks and can be cut with virtually any weapon or tool. On Desktop, Console, and Mobile, it can also be planted in Clay Pots and Planter Boxes using Waterleaf Seeds, which drop from blooming Waterleaf.
Waterleaf will only bloom once fully grown and when it is raining or snowing. While blooming, its appearance will change, becoming larger and speckled with aqua leaves. A blooming Waterleaf will also emit little globes of water. Note that it does not need to be raining or snowing directly on the plant in order for it to bloom: rain or snow simply needs to occur.
Both Waterleaf and their respective seeds have a chance to be obtained from the Herb Bag.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Waterleaf will never spawn naturally in the Ocean biome. Regardless, it can still be sown manually and grow there normally.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Waterleaf takes the longest to bloom out of all the herbs.
- It bears no resemblance whatsoever to the real-life leaf vegetable Talinum fruticosum, which is also often called waterleaf.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Now used to craft the Hanging Waterleaf.
- Sprite updated.
- Stack limit increased from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.