Well Fed, Plenty Satisfied, and Exquisitely Stuffed are buffs granted to the player depending on the food item consumed. The buff slightly improves all stats (listed below). Additionally, in Expert Mode, life regeneration will only be fully effective while the player is under the effects of one of these buffs. This lasts for 4 to 48 minutes (depending on the item used), but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu ( ), by double-tapping the buff icon (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen ().
Only one of these buffs may be active at a time and therefore they do not stack. The buff that is most recently applied takes priority.
Well Fed grants the following boosts:
- +2 defense
- +2% critical hit chance for all attacks (except from Summon weapons)
- +5% melee and mining speed
- +5% damage (including summons)
- +0.5 minion knockback
- +20% movement speed
The buff icon has a chicken leg and 1 star.
Plenty Satisfied 
Plenty Satisfied grants the following boosts:
- +3 defense
- +3% critical hit chance for all attacks (except from Summon weapons)
- +7.5% melee speed
- +7.5% damage (including summons)
- +0.75 minion knockback
- +30% movement speed
- +10% mining speed
The buff icon has a set of crab and 2 stars.
Exquisitely Stuffed 
Exquisitely Stuffed grants the following boosts:
- +4 defense
- +4% critical hit chance for all attacks (except for Summon weapons)
- +10% melee speed
- +10% damage (including summons)
- +1 minion knockback
- +40% movement speed
- +15% mining speed
The buff icon has a huge set of chicken and 3 stars.
The complete list of food items that grant these buffs is listed here.
- On pre-1.4 platforms, this buff is simpler, but still extremely useful as it is easy to obtain, extremely versatile, and has a long duration.
- During Halloween, Pumpkins for Pumpkin Pie are plentiful, and even at other times the Dryad can supply Pumpkin Seeds to farm them. Other food items can be crafted or picked up from varied sources.
- Alternatively, a modest amount of fishing for other purposes can provide enough fish to keep a player well fed despite the shorter duration.
- Most players should carry a stack of "food" items, and try to keep the buff always active. The movement bonus alone would make that worthwhile, but in Expert Mode food is even more important, as it is required to regenerate health normally. In any mode, the small but broad boost to combat abilities comes in handy.
- Use this buff before boss fights or venturing into dangerous areas to gain a cheap and easy advantage. The movement buff makes it worthwhile even for exploring and mining.
- On 1.4, the more powerful versions generally have shorter duration but are still fairly accessible.
- The most powerful "Exquisitely Stuffed" can be had from an assortment of enemy drops with duration ranging from 8 to 24 minutes, notably Burgers (grapes should be crafted into grape juice); 4-minute Seafood Dinners can be cooked up from surplus "potion" fish or the otherwise-useless Neon Tetra. Most dramatically, any Golden Critter can be cooked into a Golden Delight that grants the buff for a full 48 minutes (and also remains saleable for the full 10).
- The mid-level "Plenty Satisfied" version can be had even more easily, dropping from lower-level enemies, sold by the Traveling Merchant (Pad Thai or Pho), or easily crafted; the easiest crafts include Pumpkin Pie, Bowl of Soup (goldfish and mushroom), Grub Soup (jungle bait), and Sauteed Frog Legs (frogs), as well as the rarer Roasted Duck.
- The basic "Well Fed" buff can be provided by almost any other food item, notably by cooking common critters (bunnies, squirrels, birds including Seagulls), or the classic Cooked Fish from non-potion fish.
- The Cooked Marshmallow is currently the only item to have the same duration on all platforms.
- The stars depicted in the buff icons may be the Michelin Stars, a rating system given to high level restaurants.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Added Grub Soup and Bacon, both grant Well Fed.
- Grants full Life Regen in new Expert Mode.
- Duration changes:
- Pumpkin Pie increased from 15 to 45 minutes.
- Christmas Pudding increased from 15 to 35 minutes.
- Sugar Cookie and Gingerbread Cookie increased from 15 to 30 minutes.
- Bowl of Soup increased from 10 to 30 minutes.
- Cooked Fish, Cooked Shrimp, and Sashimi increased from 3 to 20 minutes.
- Pho increased from 7 to 15 minutes.
- Pad Thai increased from 4 to 10 minutes.
- Desktop 1.2.4: