- Internal NPC ID: 594
While the balloon itself does not deal damage, the slimes attached to it will, both while flying and after the balloon is popped. The balloon will pop if the player hits it, gets too close, or when it reaches the ground, and will then always drop the slime to the ground.
- The slime attached to the windy balloon holds any items on the drop table, appearing inside the slime like bonus drops. Destroying the balloon does not give the player the item.
- The Windy Balloon has no banner and kill count; killing the slime it carries only progresses the banner and kill count for said slime itself. Popping the balloon does not cause the Tally Counter to change.
- However, it is required in order to progress the Bestiary's information, as the Bestiary uses a separate kill counter.
- If the player kills the slime tied to the Windy Balloon, the balloon will proceed to rapidly zip upwards and out of view.
- If followed, the balloon will keep on flying up into Space and dissapear outside the screen once the player hits the map borders.
- Its movement always follows the direction of the wind. Additionally, its spawning behavior seems to correlate with wind direction as well (i.e. if the wind blows west, more Windy Balloons will spawn from the left side rather than the right side, and vice versa).
- The Windy Balloon, Truffle Worm, and Prismatic Lacewing are the only entities classified as an "enemy" that otherwise deal absolutely no damage to the player.
- The Bestiary entry for the Windy Balloon: "Some enterprising slimes ride wind currents with balloons in an effort to find food. Pop their balloons to bring them back down to earth. "
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Increased drop rate for Paper Airplanes from 1.15% to 1.39%, and increased drop stack size from 1 to 2-5.
- Increased drop rate for all Kites from 0.38% to 1.39%.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced.