|Placeable||✔️ (2 wide × 2 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip|| Right click to open /|
L2 to open () /
LT to open () /
Double tap to open /
Use to open
The Wooden Crate is a pre-Hardmode crate that can be obtained by fishing in any biome, at any height. It is the lowest tier of standard crate, having the least value if sold directly. Its Hardmode counterpart is the Pearlwood Crate.
While a Wooden Crate nominally offers the least valuable rewards, it is the only crate tier which drops ores. As such, it is one of the few sources for "alternate" ores on these versions.
|Tsunami in a Bottle|
|Guide to Plant Fiber Cordage|
|Obsidian Skin Potion||1–3|
|Night Owl Potion|
|Lesser Healing Potion||5–15|
|Lesser Mana Potion|
Note: Only one type of item out of the ores and bars can drop, not both a type of ore and a type of bar. The table above implies otherwise with the ores and the bars being in separate rows, but that is for readability purposes. The chance that a type of ore or bar is dropped is
Old-gen console, , and tModLoader Versions
|Tsunami in a Bottle|
|AgletUmbrellaClimbing ClawsGuide to Plant Fiber CordageRadar||1|
|Copper OreIron OreSilver OreGold OreTin OreLead OreTungsten OrePlatinum Ore||8-20|
|Copper BarIron BarSilver BarGold BarTin BarLead BarTungsten BarPlatinum Bar||2-7|
|Obsidian Skin PotionSwiftness PotionIronskin PotionNight Owl PotionShine PotionHunter PotionGills PotionMining PotionHeartreach PotionDangersense Potion||1-3|
|Lesser Healing PotionLesser Mana Potion||5-15|
- A Wooden Crate will always contain at least one type of item from the first six groups (or any but the last two groups) displayed in the loot table above. This means that at least one type of item from the following list will always drop from a Wooden Crate:
- Wooden Crates are able to drop rare items from Surface Chests, making those items renewable. However, none of the early-game weapons, such as the Blowpipe or the Wooden Boomerang, can be obtained from Wooden Crates.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Now placeable.
- Now contain the Radar, Sailfish Boots, Tsunami in a Bottle, Enchanted Sundial, and Guide to Plant Fiber Cordage.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Now placeable. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now placeable. ()
- Console 1.07: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Added all features and changes from Desktop 22.214.171.124.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Now placeable.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.