Wooden Spikes are a type of trap block that damage players who come in contact with it. They are the upgrade of regular, metal Spikes, and, despite their name and appearance suggesting that they are made of a weaker material, they deal more damage than the metal variant; players that touch Wooden Spikes take 60 / 80 damage. Found in the Jungle Temple, they can be broken with any drill, pickaxe, or explosive ( like other types of traps), unlike the Lihzahrd Bricks found around them, which require a Picksaw or stronger mining tool to break. This is the only way to obtain them, as they are not craftable.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Lihzahrd Altar can spawn on top of Wooden Spikes.
- Wooden Spikes turn bright red when the Dangersense buff is active.
- Wooden Spikes will deal damage to a player if any part of the player is in contact with them.
- Just like Spikes, Wooden Spikes only damage players. They do not damage NPCs, critters, or enemies, and as such are unsuitable for base defense outside of PvP.
- Wooden Spikes deal the same base amount of damage in all modes. Since defense is more efficient in Expert and Master Mode, the player will almost always receive less damage from Wooden Spikes than in Classic Mode.
- Wooden Spikes are valid walls for NPC housing.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Damage increased from 60 to 80, and now inflicts the Bleeding debuff.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Placed sprite updated. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Spike damage is kept separate from other damage when factoring immunity, preventing abuse of invincibility frames.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.