|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Toss it to change how the world looks!|
'Time for a change of scenery'
- World Globe
The World Globe is a thrown consumable item sold by the Zoologist after the Bestiary is 50% complete (262 entries). Once a World Globe is thrown and shatters on a surface, the background for the current biome changes permanently for the current world, to a random one of the backgrounds available for that biome. This lasts until another World Globe is thrown. The World Globe can be used in any biome.
- When thrown in the Corrupt, Crimson, and Hallowed Deserts, the World Globe will only affect the normal Desert biome.
- When thrown in underground variants of biomes such as the Underground Jungle, the surface variant will be affected by the World Globe.
- When thrown in the Underworld, the World Globe will change the dynamic background of the Underworld, unlike the other underground biome backgrounds.
- The World Globe projectile is considered a ranged projectile internally, therefore it benefits from ammo conservation. However, this is limited to ammo conservation bonuses provided by armor items – the Magic Quiver, Ammo Box, and Ammo Reservation Potion have no effect on the World Globe.
- Desktop 1.4.2: Fixed an issue where Fossil Pickaxe, Tree Globe, and World Globe would fall through blocks forever when dropped.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 188.8.131.52.4.1: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Introduced.