|Use time||30 (Average)|
The Zenith is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord melee weapon crafted using a variety of swords obtained throughout the game's progression. When swung, the sword sprites of its component swords fly towards enemies within a 20-tile radius of the cursor (regardless of where the cursor is on the screen), and circle back in quick, frenzied arcs. They pass through solid blocks, and three swords will appear per use (at base melee speed). Each sword sprite deals the weapon's full damage.
The Zenith is capable of autoswing.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
total: 1 row(s)
|Obsidian × 20|
( + )
|Hellstone × 60|
( Underworld )
|Demonite Ore × 30|
|Crimtane Ore × 30|
|Jungle Spores × 12|
( Underground Jungle )
|Stinger × 12|
|Hellstone Bar × 20||Demonite Bar × 10||Crimtane Bar × 10|
|Chlorophyte Ore × 120 |
( Underground Jungle )
|Hallowed Bar × 12|
|Blade of Grass||Muramasa||Fiery Greatsword||Light's Bane||or||Blood Butcherer|
|/||/||Broken Hero Sword||/|
|Copper Ore × 15||Chlorophyte Bar × 24||Excalibur||Night's Edge||Soul of Might × 20|
|Soul of Sight × 20|
|Soul of Fright × 20|
|Copper Bar × 5||Queen Bee|
|True Excalibur||True Night's Edge||Plantera|
|Copper Shortsword||Starfury||Enchanted Sword||Bee Keeper||Terra Blade||Seedler||The Horseman's Blade||Influx Waver||Star Wrath||Meowmere|
- The first sword generated on each swing will always be a Zenith projectile, which generates a mint green trail. Each sword generated will have a unique swing color, which generates a large amount of light. This can be used to reveal parts of the minimap.
- The Zenith ignores enemy invincibility frames.
- The Zenith can attack anywhere that the mouse cursor can reach. Its range can be increased simply by using higher resolutions, larger monitors, or even multiple monitors.
- This is limited in Desktop version as Zenith can only go up to 600 pixels vertically and 960 pixels horizontally.
- Equipment and modifiers that increase melee speed change the number of swords that appear per use, but have no effect on the number of swords thrown per second, nor the swords' velocity.
- Each individual sword sprite may register multiple hits on an enemy, depending on size and positioning.
- Swords also deal damage behind the player on their return trip.
- Despite being nearly identical to its copper counterpart, the Tin Shortsword cannot be used to craft the Zenith. This is presumably due to the Copper Shortsword's role as the very first sword every player will encounter (with the exception of Journey Mode characters).
- The Zenith appears to have semi-homing capabilities. When the sword is dragged near an enemy, but not enough for the natural arch to reach it, one sword sprite will come out of the loop and hit the enemy.
- This is especially useful in the Mobile version, for players who are keen on using Aim and Use, as such toggle restricts the Zenith's range considerably.
- If the player has made a Journey Mode character or has lost their Copper Shortsword, and has no Copper Ore in the world, Copper can be obtained by Fishing, using an Extractinator, killing Slimes, going to another world with copper, or simply making a new character and placing the Shortsword into a chest (However, this will not work for Journey Mode as the character would spawn with an Iron Shortsword).
- Increasing attack speed does not increase the speed at which the Zenith fires swords, only the time between each three-sword cycle. Thus, a higher attack speed will cause less swords besides the Zenith to appear, and lower attack speed will cause more to appear. With high enough attack speed, it is possible for only the Zenith itself to appear. However, the Zenith will in turn lose the ability to home in on enemies; since the Zenith itself never homes in because it is always thrown first.
- The Zenith has the potential to reach more than 70,000 DPS on a single target with the right armor, accessories, modifiers, buffs and correct positioning.
- The Zenith can defeat the Moon Lord on Master Mode (277,311 combined HP) in about 11 seconds.
- The Zenith is generally agreed to be the game's strongest weapon, making it ideal for any type of fight.
- Zenith is an Arabic word defined as "the time at which something is most powerful or successful". This is a reference to the fact that the Zenith is often considered the final and best weapon in the game.
- Before the release of 1.4, the sword had various placeholders and scrapped names, including Final Fractal and Summit. The precursor design of the Zenith exists as an unobtainable weapon, the First Fractal, which resembles an upgraded Terra Blade.
- The Zenith projectiles will always include both the Light's Bane and Blood Butcherer, no matter which one was used.
- The Zenith's projectiles include the Terragrim, despite not being in its crafting tree. In the 188.8.131.52 hotfix, the Bee Keeper was added to the crafting recipe for the Zenith, after being in its animation since the release in 184.108.40.206.
- The following is a list of all swords displayed in the Zenith's attack animation:
- The Zenith entails the most complex crafting tree in Terraria, consisting of 14 different base items (over the course of 10 crafting operations), surpassing both the Cell Phone (13 items) and Ankh Shield (11 items).
- The Zenith is the only sword that appears in the use animation if the player happens to have maximum attack speed, this however is merely a cosmetic detail as it does not improve the overall DPS.
- Before 1.4.1, the Zenith could attack off-screen if you moved your cursor out of the Terraria window.
- Using Teleporters and portals while using the Zenith causes each sword to move in sharp angles and strange directions.
- The Zenith closely resembles the Rune Sword from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in attack style and place in balance. Both are the 'ultimate weapon' of their respective titles, both are swords (a collection of such in Terraria's case) that leave arcing trails when thrown and always return, and both are time investments.
- The Zenith is an item that, when dropped, is clearly visible in complete darkness.
- Each sword generates a different swing color:
|Copper Shortsword||Light Orange|
|Terragrim||Bright Mint Green|
|Enchanted Sword||Light Blue|
|Blade of Grass||Green|
|True Night's Edge||Purple|
|The Horseman's Blade||Orange|
|Terra Blade||Light Green|
|Zenith||Bright Mint Green|
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Added an achievement for crafting the sword.
- Now has a maximum range of approximately 69 tiles, or from the player to the corner of a 1920x1080 monitor.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 18.104.22.168.4.1: Introduced with changes from Desktop 22.214.171.124.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 188.8.131.52.