理由："Needs to be updated to 1.4"
The Desert is one of the main biomes of a Terraria world. The Surface isn't much harder than the Forest, but the Underground Desert contains unique hazards that can make it very dangerous for a new character.
It's optional to explore the Desert, but since it has more loot than regular Caverns, players prefer to explore it instead of regular biomes once they feel like their gear is good enough.
In Hardmode, the Desert will provide the materials for very good weapons that can be obtained at the very beginning of it.
The Underground Desert is extremely dangerous for a new character, since the enemies do much more damage and have higher defense than usual. Hence it is better to be very well prepared. It's recommended to explore it just before or after the Eye of Cthulhu is fought.
- At least 200 生命 and 100 魔力.
- 铁/ 铅 or 银/ 钨 are the minimum.
- Weapons made with 金 or 铂金 ores should be used. The 弓 are preferred due to the ability to kill the enemies from far away, but the 阔剑 can still be useful against the Antlion Swarmers or Tomb Crawlers.
- If the Corruption or Crimson have been explored, then a 火枪/夺命枪, 魔刺/猩红魔杖 or 链球/腐叉 will do very well.
- If obtained, the 附魔剑 or Arkhalis剑 both do extremely well against all enemies.
- The Gem staves are decent weapons with good stats and piercing abilities. A 蓝玉法杖 or 翡翠法杖 is the minimum.
- Piercing or explosive weapons such as 手榴弹 or 小丑之箭 should be brought to easily kill Tomb Crawlers.
- Mobility accessories like variants of the 云朵瓶 and/or 赫尔墨斯靴 are very recommended to explore and avoid enemies more easily.
- A 抓钩 is good for the same reasons.
There isn't too much to do in the Surface Desert, but at the start of a playthrough, the 仙人掌盔甲 and 仙人掌剑 are both very useful to begin with. However, if there is a Sandstorm the place should be left immediately, as the 愤怒翻滚怪 or other enemies can very easily kill a new character.
However, the enemies found are very dangerous:
- The most common enemy, the 蚁狮马, has massive defense, damage and knockback resistance and charges very fast at a player, so even with good weapons it is still better to avoid combat with them. 蚁狮蜂 are another enemy with lower stats but the ability to fly. Due to their big size, they can both be easily stopped by quickly covering their path with blocks.
- The biggest threat are the 墓穴爬虫. They are fast, go through blocks and deal high damage on hit. They are also fairly common for a Worm enemy, so the player should always watch out for the sound of them digging. Due to their high stats they should be treated with caution even with weapons that can hit multiple segments.
Once the Eater of Worlds or the Brain of Cthulhu have been defeated, the player can use the Nightmare or 死亡使者镐 to mine the 沙漠化石, which are the only source of 坚固化石 when using the Extractinator. This new material is used for 化石盔甲 and Bone Throwing Weapons, which are very helpful for the Thrower class.
Like every other biome in Hardmode, the Desert becomes a lot more dangerous once it is activated. It is also one of the biomes that can be affected by the spread of the Corruption/Crimson and the Hallow, which give special properties and drops to some of the new enemies spawned.
The Desert can be very tough when starting Hardmode, so it is recommended to be very well equipped before going in.
A Summoner should use the 蜘蛛盔甲 instead, as the ore armors don't give any improvements to minions.
- For Melee users
- A 秘银 or 山铜剑 or 长戟 is the bare minimum. The 舌锋剑 or 短弯刀 are stronger swords with much better stats.
- The 冰雪悠悠球 or 冰雪镰刀 can be easily obtained by grinding in the Snow biome.
- The 狱火球 can be obtained from enemies in the Caverns.
- The 暗影焰刀 is a very good weapon that is obtained from Goblin Summoners in a Hardmode Goblin Army.
- The 铁链血滴子 have decent range, damage and attack speed.
- The 臭虎爪 are a riskier but extremely powerful weapon.
- For Ranger users
- The 秘银 or 山铜连弩 are easy to obtain and very strong when paired with Holy or 灵液箭. The 暗影焰弓 from the Hardmode Goblin Army is also very good.
- The 霰弹枪 and 发条式突击步枪 are the best guns available. The former should be upgraded to the 玛瑙爆破枪 once enough Dark Shards are obtained. 水晶子弹 are the strongest choice.
- The 飞镖步枪 or Pistol are great with 水晶, 诅咒 or 灵液镖.
- For Mages
- The 水晶蛇 and 流星法杖 are very strong weapons that can be easily obtained as soon as Hardmode begins.
- The 暗影焰妖娃 is a very strong weapon as well, dropped by the Goblin Summoner.
- The 雨云魔杖 can kill enemies from a safe distance, as well as being a good secondary weapon.
- 诅咒焰 or 黄金雨 are decent for crowd control.
- For Summoners
- Combat accessories such as the class 徽章 or the 魔法箭袋 will kill enemies much faster.
- Mobility accessories like 翅膀, the 蛙腿 or the 克苏鲁护盾 should be brought for mobility.
- Defensive accessories like the 蠕虫围巾 or 神话护身符 are very useful as well.
On the Surface, the only new enemy seen will be the 木乃伊. They are slow and easy to avoid, however they get much faster at half health. If the surface Desert was infected by the Corruption/Crimson or Hallow biomes, 暗黑木乃伊 or 光明木乃伊 will spawn instead. These variants are stronger and drop Dark or Light Shards, which can be used to make very strong weapons.
In the Underground Desert, many new enemies will be seen:
- 拉弥亚 are grounded enemies, and they are much faster and stronger than Mummies. They rarely drop a piece of their Vanity set when killed.
- 沙贼 have the ability to climb walls, making it much faster than usual. Given that the entirety of the Underground Desert is covered with walls, the player should always be cautious. They inflict the 毒液 debuff on contact.
- 食尸鬼 are a weaker enemy, but their stats and design change when the Desert is infected: 神梦食尸鬼 from the Hallow will always Confuse on hit, while the 腐恶食尸鬼 or 红染食尸鬼 from the Corruption or Crimson will always inflict 诅咒狱火 or 灵液, respectively. They drop Ancient Cloth when killed, and either Light or Dark Shards if killing their Hallowed or Corrupted variants.
- 蛇蜥怪 are essentially a Hardmode version of Antlion Chargers, as they behave identically and have very high knockback resistance. They have a chance to drop the 远古号角 when killed.
- 沙虫 are the Hardmode version of Tomb Crawlers. They are significantly bigger than other worm enemies, and they are much more aggressive as well. Despite their high stats, they can easily be killed with piercing or exploding weapons.
- 沙漠幽魂 can appear in Crimson or Corrupted Desert. They will cast a slow projectile that attempts to home in to the player, and then explode after a short time. It rarely drops the Desert Spirit Lamp used for the Spirit Flame, as well as the Vanity Djinn's Curse.
- 沙鲨 have the ability to "Swim" through sand blocks, and will quickly lunge at nearby players. They are very common, aggressive and have very high stats, so they can easily kill a player. However they cannot jump very high, so a platform above ground will make them much easier to deal with.
- The Sand Elemental is a miniboss enemy. It only attacks by summoning three Ancient Storms randomly around the general location of the player. When killed, it drops Forbidden Fragments used for 禁戒盔甲.
While the Sand Elemental's attacks can be easily predicted and dodged, they will limit movement, making the common Sand Sharks and Dune Splicers much harder to avoid. It is recommended to make a platform above ground, as then the Dune Splicers and Sand Sharks won't be able to jump high enough as to reach the player, so the Sand Elemental can be killed much more easily.