钱是泰拉瑞亚的重要部分，它允许玩家从 NPC 处购买有价值的物品。
- 杀死敌怪和 Boss。（另见指南:刷怪)
- 将物品出售给 NPC，可能在之前还需要将其制作为更有价值的形式。
- 1 更新备注
- 2 基本提示
- 3 种植宝石
- 4 收集
- 5 钓鱼
- 6 制作
- 7 使用雕像
- 8 Fighting bosses and events
- 9 Monster Farming
- 10 Cheating
- 10.1 General note
- 10.2 Crafting glitch
- 10.3 Player duplication
- 10.4 Read-only world file
- 10.5 Item servers
- 10.6 TShock server
- 10.7 World Edit Tools
- 10.8 Terrasavr Inventory Editor
- 10.9 Soft duplication method
- 10.10 Item Duplication with TerrariaServer
- 10.11 Magic Mirror Duplication
- 10.12 Exit+Rejoin
- 10.13 Exit+Rejoin 2.0
- 10.14 Exit+Rejoin 2.1
- 10.15 Chest/World Save Copying
这篇指南原本是为版本 1.3.5 而写， 然而 泰拉瑞亚 现已更新至版本 1.4。大体上的方法保持不变，但修复了一些漏洞。 具体如下：
- NPC 购买和出售物品的价格不会固定不变，而是根据他们的 “快乐” 程度变化。 如果你为 NPC 们建造的房屋比较合适, 那就蛮好的—— 快乐的 NPC 们会以较高的价格从玩家处购买物品，这样玩家种植或收集到的物品就被赋予了更高的价值。
- 除了 陨石 和 狱石, 将矿石铸成锭并不能让它们卖的更贵。也就是说，锭的价格和制作锭所用的矿石的价格是相同的。
- 光辉飞盘 的售价被降低到仅仅比它的原材料贵一丁点儿。毁灭者的掉落物确实还蛮值钱，但是制作光辉飞盘不再是一个通过这些材料赚钱的好途径。
- 修复了制作 大王朝灯笼 来“空手套白狼”的漏洞。
- 修改了包括 花岗岩巨人雕像 在内的雕像生成的敌怪掉落物品的条件。如果雕像生成的敌怪被机关或熔岩杀死，将不会掉落任何物品。要想得到生成敌怪的掉落物，玩家起码得亲自打几下。
- 多人模式下利用 物品框 刷物品的bug也在1.4中被修复了。当你试图这么做的时候，两个物品框并不会叠在一起。上方的物品框将会变成一个图标，从而阻止玩家利用物品框刷物品。
- 从另一方面来讲，还有些好事。基于现在可种植宝石，外加制作沙子变得更简单了，制作彩色玻璃成为了一个长期的经济来源。查看 Gem Farming 和 沙枪 。
一般来说，“收集你找到的所有东西”这种标准的 RPG 形容确实会让你得到回报。
- 有些物品可以说几乎“完全无用”, 所以不妨将其直接丢弃来为有用或更“有利可图”的物品腾出空间。至于“有利可图”的标准是银币还是金币取决于你当前的游戏进度和积蓄。但要记住，虽然材料本身可能没有价值，但与其他材料进行合成可能会带来更高的利润。例子如下。
- 骷髅商人 提供了在无需返回基地即可出售物品的机会。(对不可堆叠道具尤为有用)。
- 务必小心出售罕见物品： 在宝箱中找到的某些道具,和在特定位置找到的某些家具（包括在特定宝箱中的那些），都“只”能在这些特定位置找到，在单个世界中的生成量也有限而稀少。（参见 收集下方的警告来了解更多信息）
- 雕像刷怪场已经被大幅度削弱了，不过其中一些仍能提供钩爪和其他战利品。首先需要机械师, 10 金/铂金锭 用以制作计时器，再加上炸弹雕像 (需要在地下层找到)。更多细节信息见下。
- 安全起见至少要遮住顶部, 但你也许想先构建一个防感染区域，在顶部衬上木材，并确保在地板底下有着3格深的空间.
- 大面积的土块和石头可以通过粘性雷管快速清理，无需打败任何boss即可获取使用。 甲虫炸弹 也很实用，因为当向正下方施放时，其爆炸范围正好允许宝石树充分生长，像通常一样，小心其后部由蓝色粒子效果标示的尾焰伤害。
- 不过这个说法不适用于收割宝石树的时候，因为即使是速度很快的斧子要砍倒一棵树也需要一个短暂的停顿，比较高的坐骑可能是更理想的选择，可以采用例如Zoologist's 出售的鞍，高度有助于更快捡起掉落物。
- 钻石和琥珀有着所有宝石中最高的出售价值，其每个能售出30 。同时也因为它们的稀有度（与颜色无关），对玩家来说先获取红玉或翡翠的宝石果也许更现实些，两种宝石都有着可观的出售价值。一旦找到了钻石或琥珀，种植场可慢慢改为种植它们。琥珀也十分有用因为其是制作宝匣药水的材料之一。琥珀也许是赚钱的最佳“人”选--它与钻石的价格一致，也同样可以制作花窗玻璃(只需刷些沙子即可提高其卖出价格至3倍以上)，并且其可在地下沙漠中或从提炼机处稳定的获取。
- 罐子产出物: 手里剑，绳，和荧光棒尤其常见，而且它们的出售单价只有几个铜币，即使以999为一组售卖也只能获得一些银币，和售卖一个从路过的蝙蝠身上掉落的深度计所得的钱币差不多。
- 在1.4版本之前，沙漠化石属于防爆物块。而在1.4版本之后，沙漠化石不再防爆 – 因此，使用爆炸物来快速收取这些物块不失为一种好方法。
- 将一些第一次拥有的宝石制成宝石果，这样可收获更多的宝石，详情见前文的“种植宝石”。Once you have a clear surplus, most gems can be crafted into Stained Glass for better profit, except 钻石 and 琥珀. Set aside some Amber for 宝匣药水, then sell the rest of the amber as gems or stained glass. You can craft 坚固化石into 骨投刀 for sale, but remember that they also go into some useful equipment, such as 甲虫炸弹 for more mining.
- With crafting, a full stack of 999 silt or slush can yield an average of about 45 total, while desert fossils will average about 35 (but more amber). In both cases about a third of that will be in coin, and there is a small chance of getting a jackpot in platinum coins.
困难模式 offers several new materials, though many of those are best crafted (see below):
- 独角兽角 and 灵气 are both best sold straight.
- 水晶碎块 are easy to collect or farm (see images) and sells well for its availability. Sold straight, 1000 shards will get you 160. (Save a few dozen for crafting with 妖精尘.) In 1.4, a crystal farm will also produce the even more valuable 明胶水晶 (which are also a boss-summoning item). It's still hard to compete with gem farming, but a crystal farm can be automated for instant harvest.
- 妖精尘 can be sold straight, but it is much more profitable to add a few crystal shards and mass-produce 强效治疗药水 (see "Crafting" below). The dust can also go for 仙灵之翼.
- 诅咒焰 or 灵液 can be sold straight, though some cumbersome crafting can more than double the profit.
- The various 魂 can be sold straight, but most have profitable and/or boss-summoning crafts, see below (or their pages) for details.
Be careful about selling too many useful materials: Some items or materials have a limited per-world supply. This is especially an issue for rare items found in chests or special locations. Also, not everything is about money: Blocks can be used for building, and walling off a large area can take a surprising amount of material. Some items may also make good "trophies" in 物品框, 武器架, or (Wo)人体模型.
- Many kinds of 土壤 and a few other blocks are plentiful but cannot be created. While it might take some effort to deplete your world of Ice or Clay, it is possible, especially in a 小世界. Particularly limited are 云, 蜂巢, and 大理石块.
- There really is no way to make money directly from dirt, mud, or snow, but you can make landscapes out of them.
- Having done so, mud can be used to grow 叶绿矿, which does sell for a lot of money.
- Ores and bars can be useful for crafting, even after you're past their "tier". Iron/Lead bars in particular are used in a variety of utility recipes, and the other early bars are used in 表 and 计时器. All the ores have bricks and/or walls that are useful for building, and some useful potions require ores in their recipes.
- Extras of rare (limited) items can also be brought to another world for a head start there.
- Avoid selling the materials used for Boss 召唤 items, such as 晶状体, 椎骨, and 腐肉. Fighting bosses is much more profitable than selling these materials!
- Remember, if you don't need money right now, you can always store potentially-useful stuff, and sell it later when it's clear you have more than you need.
Once you have a 虫网 and a few NPC at your base, collecting 小动物 is trivial (a 水蜡烛 can help), and as they accumulate you can sell them. Their prices range from 250 on up to 10. Carrying a 小动物友谊指南 (anywhere in your inventory) prevents accidentally killing critters with your attacks, including those of your minions. Cooking many of them will drastically improve their sale value, or produce food worth keeping for use (see below).
Special mention for Frogs around a Jungle base: With enemy spawns suppressed by NPCs and a Water Candle boosting the critter spawns, these can be remarkably plentiful. They often wander by in armies filling their spawn cap, from 7 (pre-Hardmode day) to 10 (Hardmode night). Their cooked form yields 很满意, too (see below).
Seagulls are also plentiful by the Ocean, and sell better once cooked.
Golden Critters have a 1 in 400 chance (1 in 150 before 1.4) of spawning in place of an eligible type: Bird, Bunny, Butterfly, Frog, Grasshopper, Mouse, Squirrel, and Worm (1.4 adds Goldfish, Ladybug, Seahorse, Water Strider).
- Most of these will be regular sights for dedicated collectors, but the Golden Mouse was arguably the rarest non-unique creature in the game before 1.4 gave it some competition.
- Don't forget to touch the Golden Ladybug before capturing it!
- Despite the low odds, the jackpot is big enough to add a silver piece or two to the "average" price for these types.
- Note that critters obey a (varying) spawn cap, so collecting the normal critters allows new, potentially Golden, critters to spa
- The similar Golden Carp is obtained only through fishing, and has no use other than sale.
There are two special cases (one new in 1.4), both of which are boss-summoning items, and are technically enemies rather than critters, so the usual critter-farming methods will backfire. Both appear only in 困难模式. The 松露虫 is found in the underground 发光蘑菇生物群落, and the hard part is catching it before it tunnels away to despawn. It is the summon item for 猪龙鱼公爵, so save some if you wish to fight him. The 七彩草蛉 appears only in the surface 神圣, between dusk and midnight (7:30 PM to 12:00 AM). The hazard here is that if killed, this creature will immediately summon the fearsome 光之女皇. However, they can be captured without incident. (The above-mentioned 小动物友谊指南 is vital in their spawning grounds!)
|Any Golden Critter||10|
In 1.4, many more critters are cookable, and the resulting 食物 is often worth more money – in fact, almost any cooked (non-golden) critter is worth a flat 20, while few of them sell directly for nearly as much. That said, don't sell all the food, the buffs can be useful! A warning: All these food items only stack to 30, while the critters themselves stack to 999, so don't cook more than you need until you're ready to sell. There are three tiers of 食物增益:
- Most of the commoner critters yield only Well Fed, so they are best cooked for sale. 烤鸟 (any bird but the duck types, even Seagulls), 炖兔兔, and 烤松鼠 all sell for the usual 20, far more than the critters they're made from.
- Food that gives Plenty Satisfied, the second-tier buff, is what you probably should be keeping for your own food supply (unless you can do better!): 鱼菇汤 (goldfish+mushroom), 蛆虫汤, 炒蛙腿, 食用蜗牛, and 烤鸭. Of these, the two soups have a shorter duration and other issues: Goldfish can be sold as 鱼缸 for the same 20, and those stack to 99; Grub Soup's sale price is barely more than the total for the three critters, and it is limited by the supply of the rarest (Buggy), so you'll have the others left over to sell separately.
- The culmination of this is that any Golden Critter (including those which aren't otherwise edible) can be cooked into 金美味, which grants the highest-tier food buff Exquisitely Stuffed for a full two game days. It's still salable for the same 10, and it stacks better than an assortment of Golden Critters. Other sources of Exquisitely Stuffed (with shorter duration) come from cooking potion fish (see below), and from enemy drops.
- 所有你不想用作食物，且可以用于烹饪的鱼更适合在未烹饪时直接售卖。（5 或更高价值）
- As with the critters above, sell off the ones that could only give you Well Fed first:
- Likewise, the fish used for brewing potions all sell for more money than the potions you could craft. (mostly 15, including the 蜂蜜鱼)
- Surplus potion fish (including the Honeyfin and the otherwise-useless Neon Tetra) can also be cooked into 海鲜大餐, two fish per dinner. These give the top-tier food buff Exquisitely Stuffed – the duration is short, but even so, this may be a better use than selling them.
- Quest fishes can't be sold, but if you come up with extras (stash them in a chest or bank as you catch each one), you can turn them in for a later quest.
- 水母 are weak bait but very saleable (350).
- This leaves the various tools, weapons, and accessories. Use what you need, then sell off the rest.
- All Critters used for bait (including Enchanted Nightcrawlers) sell for much more than the Angler Bait that could replace them. As soon as you get Master or even Journeyman Bait, use that instead.
- All crates except Wooden can contain 大师诱饵, and the Angler can also give it as a reward. Once you have enough Master Bait, you can sell off your Apprentice Bait (1) and Journeyman Bait (3) too.
Fishing for 宝匣 with 宝匣药水 is an easy and safe way to make large amounts of money. Depending on location, fishing power, and if in Hardmode, this can rake in up to 30 per Crate Potion, aside from the useful items you can save for yourself. Use the best 鱼饵 you've got, with any Angler's equipment you have, and whatever relevant 药水 you have.
- You will probably get your first 宝匣, 钓鱼 and 声纳 potions as 渔夫 rewards or from previously-caught crates, but once you've got the makings you can also craft them for yourself.
- This is one of the two main ways to get your world's "alternate" metals, both before and 困难模式期间。
- Never sell unopened crates – opening them will average several times their sale price just in coin, plus useful and saleable items. On average, most crate value is from the coins, but (especially in quantity) the other items can sell for a decent bonus. Hardmode brings more valuable metals and more items. Here is a more detailed rundown on 宝匣价值.
Fishing in lava will let you catch Obsidian or Hellstone crates and other valuable items; it does require a bit of effort to start up, but it's worth the trouble: The crates are the most valuable in the game, each with the usual Biome Crate loot, its own special-item pick, miscellaneous lava and Underworld themed items, and an 黑曜石锁盒 with an item from the 暗影箱 specials. Several other lava and Underworld items are direct catches. The least valuable thing you will catch in lava is the 黑曜石鱼 (15).
- Fishing in lava can start in two ways: If you serve the 渔夫 into Hardmode, he may award you the 熔线钓钩. Even before Hardmode, you can venture into the Underworld to find Underworld 鱼饵. Eventually the crates will supply a 防熔岩钓钩, which allows lava fishing with any bait and/or pole.
- You will catch things much more quickly if you have at least two of the bait, pole, and/or accessory.
- You do not have to be down in the Underworld, or even the Caverns, to fish in lava! With a stack of buckets, you can easily dig out and furnish your own sheltered lava pool near your base, filling it as you explore the lower Cavern levels.
Almost any craft that requires a purchased ingredient is unlikely to be profitable, no matter how useful the item is in gameplay. Crafting together items that are picked up "for free" is another story, and there are many common materials whose sale value can be sharply improved by the proper recipe.
When crafting large numbers of weapons or accessories, the random 修饰语 will add a bit to your yield: This bonus averages a bit over 10% for melee weapons, or 20% for accessories. Magic or ranged weapons (rare in this context) fall between those at around 15%. Note that individual weapons can have their value reduced by modifiers, but the average will be above list price. Accessory modifiers can only increase the item's sale price.
- Most ores sell for at least as much, and often more than, the bars made from them. The exceptions are the late pre-Hardmode ores (陨石, 魔矿/猩红矿, 狱石), and 叶绿, all of which are far more profitable as bars.
- The evil ores are 掉落自bosses, so they can be easily farmed for sale.
- If you have an 自动锤炼机, Converting Chlorophyte bars to Shroomite gets another 10 per bar (11.11% more).
- On the 电脑版、 主机版、 移动版、 Switch版、和 tModLoader支持版本 versions, Iron (but not Lead) is worth slightly more as 链条 (4 for 10) than bars (3/bar). 在 前代主机版和版中，Chains (20 for 10), sell for much more than either bar.
- Obsidian can't be sold directly, but it can be crafted into 黑曜石骷髅头 worth 54 each, plus modifier bonuses.
- On 1.4, 液体炸弹, or the 无底水桶 and 无底熔岩桶, allow unlimited obsidian.
- On other platforms, 液体复制 allows making an automated obsidian farm, if just flooding lava lakes isn't convenient enough.
- Obsidian is also needed to craft 狱石锭.
- If you also have extra 水上漂靴, you can upgrade them to 黑曜石水上漂靴 worth 6. Remember that these boots come only from Water Chests, so there is a limited number in each world!
- Most 宝石 (not 钻石 or 琥珀) are best crafted into 花窗玻璃 (1/gem).
- This does use quite a lot of 玻璃, 5 times the number of gems. However, sand is farmable: In 1.4, making 1000 sand takes about 8 minutes, or less with Hardmode equipment. 1000 sand +100 gems = 1! Alternatively, you can simply buy a lot of bombs and go to a desert, and begin to blow up and collect the sand from there. Though it slightly reduces the profit, it's far easier to collect sand in that way.
- You can create new worlds and go into caves for even more gems.
- Remember that silt, slush, and 沙漠化石 can be turned into gems at a low chance at an extractor, but there is a limited amount of these in a world.
- Before 1.4, there also is a limited amount of gems to be mined in a world.
- Gemcorns can be used to farm gems, making gems unlimited.
- Diamonds can only be sold directly (30 each). Amber can be sold like diamonds, but it's far more profitable to brew Crate Potions with it and go 钓鱼 (see above). Alternatively, as of 1.4, Orange Stained Glass can be crafted out of Amber, allowing you to triple your return according to your sand supply.
Several frequently-surplus materials have optimum but sometimes-cumbersome sale methods. As always, be sure you won't want them for something else.
- From the Desert:
- 沙: Craft into 玻璃, then 玻璃杯, then 麦芽酒. At 20 per mug of ale, 1000 sand yields 1. (You can do somewhat better with candelabras, and much better with stained glass as above.)
- 仙人掌: 1000 blocks of cactus makes 100 Cactus Swords 360 plus bonuses for modifiers. (Candelabras beat that if you supply the torches, see below).
- 坚固化石: 1000 of them make 30,000 投刀 for 30(3 per fossil).
- 蚁狮上颚: With Blinkroot and bottled water, make 挖矿药水 (2 each). An Alchemy Table will help.
- 远古布匹: The only thing to do with it is to add three times the number of Silk and make pieces of the 远古套装, 50 each piece (for 5 Ancient Cloth). This is a 25% improvement over selling the materials.
- From the Jungle:
- 蜂蜡: 96 make 12 Bee Headgear (1080).
- Upgrading 大自然的恩赐 to 魔力花 almost doubles their sale price to 1 (plus any modifier bonus).
- If you have surpluses of multiple jungle materials (红木, 毒刺, 藤蔓, 丛林孢子), the 亚马逊球 is a good moneymaker (130 apiece, with modifier bonuses).
- Once the mahogany runs out, you can use up more vines by making 荆鞭 (1); if the vines run out you can turn to 荆棘旋刃 (1).
- Separately, the spores can become 丛林帽 (90 for 8 spores), and the stingers can become 毒药瓶 (5 per stinger).
- You won't lose much by just sticking to these two last recipes, as the above weapons are hardly more profitable: even accounting for 修饰语, Snapthorn only sells for 14.4% more, Thorn Chakram for 2.02% more, and Amazon (as of 1.4) actually for 27.4% less than the corresponding amounts of hats and flasks.
- From the Corruption/Crimson:
- Vile and 毒蘑菇 should be converted into their respective powders. From there, the most profit can be had from combining them with 腐肉 or 椎骨 to summon the respective bosses.
- 腐肉 should be crafted into either 考古夹克 or 考古裤 before selling, which gives about 13 per Chunk.
- 蠕虫毒牙 can double their sale price of 20 as 邪箭 (5 arrows for 40 per tooth), at the cost of one-fifth (20%) of their number in wood and stone. (100 teeth need 20 wood and 20 stone. Each wood/stone pair adds 1 of profit.)
- In pre-1.4 versions, 魔矿 and 猩红矿 should be converted to bars before selling them.
- 暗影鳞片 and 组织样本 can be crafted into 虚空保险库, which is surprisingly profitable (they sell for 2), but also requires an equal amount of 骨头 (easily farmable) and about half as much 丛林孢子 (which are the real limiting factor). If you have all of those, however, crafting Vaults nets more money than any other recipe involving its ingredients.
- But if you don't, there isn't much to do with the Scales and Samples besides directly selling them.
- Elsewhere (some of these are easier):
- Turn 金鱼 (750) into 鱼缸 (20) (or with 蘑菇) 鱼菇汤 (20).
- You can combine 蠕虫 (5) with 坠落之星 (5), for 附魔夜行者 (20, and they are also better 鱼饵 than plain worms). Note that 魔力水晶 are unsalable.
- Turn 鲨鱼鳍 and 幌菊 into 水上漂药水 for a 136 profit per craft.
- 蛛网: 994 cobwebs make 142 丝绸, 284 (29 per cobweb).
- Wood by itself can be crafted into candelabras as below, for a minimum value of 150/block. However, this is dwarfed by its usefulness in other recipes.
- Wood and gel together are worth at least 150 per paired pieces, representing the purchase price of the torches they can replace in a recipe.
- Wood and stone can be crafted into arrows, but this is only worth在H中时ardmode (see below).
Many otherwise-unsaleable blocks can be monetized as 烛台 (3 each). These include: All kinds of 木材 (except Dynasty Wood, but see below), 凝胶 (as 史莱姆块), 沙 (as half its number of 玻璃), 仙人掌, 南瓜 (only worthwhile 万圣节期间), 花岗岩 (as Smooth Granite), 发光蘑菇, 蜂蜜块, 骨头, 黑檀石 (as 病变块), 猩红石 (as 血肉块), 火星管道护板. 冰雪 and 大理石 (as Smooth Marble) can also be used, but are non-renewable.
As worked out below, this gives a minimum value for these materials of 30/block.
- In some cases you will also need an appropriate crafting station; use the 生命木织机 for plain wood, as there is no plain wood candelabra.
- Each 1000 blocks (1 stack +1) plus 600 torches (6 stacks +6) will produce 200 candelabras that can be sold for 6.
- Even buying the torches from the Merchant costs only 3, letting you walk away with the other half of the sale price.
- Making your own torches will instead use 200 (more) each of gel and wood.
- Either way, for Boreal Wood and Ice, you will also need 200 (more) ice blocks to turn the torches into ice torches.
- For wood or gel, another way to work the same recipe is as follows: Start with 996 wood and 166 gel, or vice versa. Make 498 torches (5 stacks +3), then use those and 830 wood or slime blocks to make 166 candelabras as above for 498.
- However, if you have wood and gel, things get more complex:
- To do the above "both ways at once", you could start with 994 each wood and gel, set aside 284 of each to make 852 torches, convert the remaining 710 gel to slime blocks, and continue to make 142 each wood and slime candelabras for 852. However, 1000 each wood and gel can instead replace 15 worth of torches as above, and supplying 5000 other blocks can make you 30worth of candelabras.
- Either way, you'll get about 43 per unit of material from this.
On versions and platforms before 1.4, Dynasty wood provides a true "money for nothing" deal:
- The basics of the deal:
- Dynasty wood can be 购买自the Traveling Merchant for 50 apiece.
- Torches from the Merchant are also 50 apiece, or you can make your own from "free" wood and gel.
- The Large Dynasty Lantern requires 4 of each (2 total if you provide the torches, twice that if you buy them). However, before 1.4, it sells for 6 apiece.
- This can be done on a large scale: 1000 dynasty wood will cost 5, but with 1000 torches (made from 334 each wood and gel), you can produce 250 lanterns worth 15 (10 profit).
- Even if you buy the torches from the Merchant, that only costs another 5, leaving you 5 of profit. And since you also made back what you paid up front, you can buy another 1000 each of Dynasty wood and torches for the next round....
- In multiplayer, one player can keep the Traveling Merchant's shop open (preventing him from leaving) while other player(s) buy torches, craft lanterns and ferry the resources around.
- Note that Dynasty wood cannot be used to make torches.
As of 1.4, the Large Dynasty Lantern sells for only 32, which effectively patches the exploit.
As usual, the below applies after the usual equipment is made and the materials are actually surplus:
- Surplus 神圣锭 can be sold straight, but there are a few crafts that can increase their profit somewhat:
- Perhaps the best remaining way to use them is to make 断钢剑. While unmodified Excaliburs sell for less than 12 Hallowed Bars, random modifiers will average about 6% profit. Even better is to combine them with surplus Broken Hero Swords to make True Excaliburs (10 plus modifiers); if you have enough Hallowed Bars, you can craft the worse-modified Excaliburs, and sell the better ones directly.
- They can be put toward Light Discs, but as of 1.4 this is 不再a major profit engine.
- They are also used for the 南瓜月勋章, which can summon the difficult but lucrative Pumpkin Moon event.
- The various 魂 mostly sell for reasonable prices, but have some special crafts:
- 飞翔之魂 (40 for 20) go to make 翅膀 (8). Besides the various rare drops that can only be used for Wings, this can soak up extra 暗影之魂 (25), 光明之魂 (25), or 妖精尘 (100), along with 鸟妖之羽. This is also the most profitable way to sell off extra 甲虫外壳, almost doubling the husks' sale price. With random modifiers, 10 pairs of wings will average almost a platinum piece.
- 恐惧之魂 should be saved for 调皮礼物.
- 视域之魂 have no profitable crafts available, but are needed to make "player above" 感应器.
- Before 1.4, 力量之魂 (and 轻) would go for 光辉飞盘 (see "The Destroyer" below) for extra profit, but this was nerfed in 1.4.
- Another way to use up Souls of Light and Night is to summon 生物群落宝箱怪. Early in Hardmode these will be a tough fight, but with late-game weapons they can be slaughtered almost as fast as the Eye of Cthulhu.
- 妖精尘 (1 per piece) can be combined 3-to-1 with Crystal Shards (16 each) to make 强效治疗药水 (3 per recipe gives 30). An Alchemy Table can add another 50% to your output, for an average of 45 per crystal.
- With the Alchemy Table, each stack of 99 pixie dust and 33 shards (otherwise worth a mere 627) will yield potions worth an average of 1485, a 137% profit over the ingredients. (Slightly more profit than using the pixie dust for Wings).
- The potions only stack to 30, which makes this slightly cumbersome, but that's still 3 per stack.
- Wood and stone can be crafted into arrows, which in turn can be crafted into 无尽箭袋 (160 each wood & stone yields 1, or 62.5 per pair). Ichor Arrows (but not cursed arrows) (see below) yield slightly more than that.
- 诅咒焰 (8) and 灵液 (9) can be sold most profitably as 诅咒 or 灵液箭, but this is cumbersome and takes 6 times their number in wood and (non-renewable) stone: 1 Cursed Flame/Ichor, 6 wood and 6 stone yields 150 arrows worth 12. Each pair of wood and stone returns 50(Ichor)/66.7(Cursed Flame) profit.
- Spooky Wood can be sold as 阴森头盔s, which yield 50/block with no gel needed. With gel or stone, it can be used more profitably as "any wood" for torches or arrows as above.
The basic setup for statue farming involves connecting a 雕像 to a 1秒计时器 (or a 螃蟹引擎). Place a shallow layer of lava (recommended) around the statue, or connect a few 飞镖机关 to kill the spawned monsters. Once you click the switch, all you have to do is wait for drops to accumulate. A tunnel beneath the trap can allow safe collection, and 传送带 can help once they're available. Housing a vendor NPC near the farm is convenient for selling the items quickly. Multiple statues in a lava pit can speed things up.
Unfortunately, successive version upgrades have made statue farming much less profitable and convenient than before. Despite these changes, statues remain useful for important drops such as 手机 or 十字章护盾 components, later a 蛇发女妖头, and so on. They can also be used to farm some raw materials such as gel.
Since Version 1.3:
- Statue-spawned enemies do not drop coins, many have reduced rates for their other drops, and some will not drop items if killed by traps. See the Statue page for details.
- Sharks and mimics spawned by statues 不再spawn Dungeon Spirits (and mimics drop no loot at all).
- Statue-spawned critters cannot be caught. If a Bug Net is used on them, they will disappear in a puff of smoke.
- Statues will only trigger twice per second no matter how they are activated, and they will not trigger if there are more than 3 of their creature in the immediate vicinity, 6 within most of the screen, or 10 anywhere in the world.
Since Version 1.4:
- The profitable Granite Golem Statue has been nerfed, as have several other statues. The sell value of some drops has also been tweaked.
- On the flip side, several previously non-functional statues now produce enemies: Goblin, Eyeball, Hornet, Imp, and Corrupt.
- No statue-spawned creature will drop loot if killed entirely by lava. At least some player-initiated damage has to be involved, even if lava deals the "killing blow". Some options include, using a block-penetrating weapon such as a 魔刺 or 猩红魔杖 (the latter needs to be placed from above), or placing a 哨兵 in the killing chamber such as the 闪电光环魔杖 or better.
Before 1.4, there are still a number of options to be had, depending what enemy you are trying to spawn:
- A statue farm for a relatively strong enemy – specifically, one that takes a half-second or more to die in lava – can't do much better than up to three statues on a single timer. Note that lava does 50 damage/hit to enemies, and hits apparently come 6 times per second验证.
- However, those spawns killed in less than a half-second can make use of staggered timers to keep more statues in play.
- Farms whose spawn is killed almost immediately can use far more statues, triggered in sequence. In fact, if you have enough statues of a single type, you can spawn your targets literally just as fast as they die. (The question is just how quickly a death registers.)
- And of course, the spawn limits only apply to a single type; it's entirely fair to mix statue types in a farm depending on what statues you have.
In 1.4, those enemies that would be one-shotted by lava, need instead to be killed with a block-penetrating weapon or sentry, as above.
Use of lava warrants some standard comments; while statue farming 不再involves coin drops, the shallow pool is still useful:
Many 雕像 are still good for regularly producing their bonus items, and in some cases the value of these items combined with the drop chance makes them usefully farmable. Note that most of the following do qualify as "weak enemies" by the above standard: Only Unicorns take more than a second to die. Granite Golems only take three lava hits (perhaps half a second) to die, the undead (Skeletons, Hoplites, Undead Vikings) all die on the second hit, and the others are one-hit kills.
Note that many statues drop 钩爪 often. While these only sell for 2 straight, they can trivially be crafted with 链条 to make a 抓钩 worth 40. Happily, the raw Hooks do stack, and each upgrade costs less than one piece of Iron or Lead ore. Accordingly, the yields below will credit Hooks at their post-crafting price.
The list includes only the statues with passable drops at reasonable chances, and ignores some rare and/or low-priced drops. It does include some which have been nerfed into oblivion by 1.4, with their current and former info.
In 1.4 many of the former moneymakers have been heavily nerfed. Remaining leaders include the Hoplite, Unicorn, and Piranha statues, in that order. Both the Hoplite and Piranha get a good deal of their profit from Hooks as above, though the Hoplite's javelins now contribute nearly as much. The Unicorn statue gets its profit from the horns.
Per spawn, the most profitable statue by far is the Granite Golem, but as of 1.4 they 不再drop loot when killed by lava. Otherwise profitable statues include (mostly due to crafting the Hooks as above) the Hoplite, Skeleton, and Piranha statues. In Hardmode, the Unicorn statue comes fifth for its horn drops (but takes much longer to kill), while the Jellyfish trails distantly with an average of one silver piece per spawn. While the 花岗岩巨人 is clearly best despite occasional stacks of granite, the Hoplite barely out-yields (5%) the Skeleton, and the latter doesn't produce stacks upon stacks of unsaleable Javelins.
- 蝙蝠 drop 深度计 (25, 1%) and 链刀 (0.4%) . Note that they spawn on the ground, and so get killed instantly by the lava. Yield is 35/spawn
- Using 兔兔 Statues 血月期间 will spawn their evil counterparts, which drop 兔兔兜帽 (40, 1.33%, yield 53.2/spawn). A 企鹅 Statue during a Blood Moon will likewise produce pieces of 企鹅套装 (30/piece, 2%, yield 60/spawn).
- The converted critters don't count towards the Statue's spawn limit, so you can add even more statues for this occasion. Both statues can be crafted from caught critters.
- 花岗岩巨人 drop the 夜视头盔 (1, 3.3%), plus a steady supply of 花岗岩块, which stack to 999 (1 stack/133 spawns). Yield: 330/spawn.
- Crediting the granite at 3/1000 (as candelabra, see "Crafting" above), adds an average of 225 (34% of the helmet yield) for a total of 885/spawn.
- The crafted profit for the granite can be doubled to 6/1000 if you supply your own torches. A Slime statue makes a Gel supply easy, but you're on your own for wood.
- As of 1.4, they also drop Geodes. However, their drop rates for all items have been reduced sharply. They also do not drop loot when killed entirely by lava.
- 装甲步兵 Statues produce 角斗士盔甲 (average 28/piece, 1.67%) and 钩爪 (4%), along with an average of 30 标枪 per spawn. (1 stack/33.3 spawns). In 1.4, the Javelins are salable for 5 apiece, or 50 per thousand. The yield is 47 for the armor, 160 for the Hooks, 150 for the javelins, total 357/spawn.
- 水母 Statues yield 水母项链 (1, 0.025% (was 1%). The 荧光棒 are trash; each 99-stack (16 spawns, was 40) sells for under 2. Yield is 4/spawn.
- 食人鱼 drop 罗盘 (25, 1.33%), 机器人帽 (20, 0.4%)) and Hooks (3.3%). The yield is 33.25 for the compasses, 8 for the hats and 132 for the Hooks, total 173/spawn.
- 骷髅 offer several drops: Ancient Gold Helmet (50 0.12%, was 0.5%), Ancient Iron Helmet ((10, 0.25%, was 1%), Bone Sword (18, 0.1225%, was 0.5%), and Hook (1%). Yield is 9 for the helmets and swords, 40 for the Hooks, total 49 per spawn.
- 亡灵维京海盗 drop 维京海盗头盔 (50,0.5%), Compasses (25, 0.5%), and a few more Hooks (1%). Yield is 37.5, plus 40 for the Hooks, total 77.5/spawn.
- 独角兽 drop 独角兽角 (30, 5%), and now 恩赐苹果 (5, 0.125%), but only in Hardmode. They need a 6x3 space to spawn, but other statues will not block them. Yield is 213/spawn. Note that they take a lot longer to kill than other creatures on this list, due to their high health and defense.
Bomb Statues work a little differently: no lava or traps are required, but only 3 bombs can spawn at once, so you need to stay close to collect the bombs. In any case, you'll want a vendor NPC nearby to quickly sell the stacks of bombs (60per 100). 3 statues triggering twice per second will produce 6 bombs per second or up to 216 per minute, but especially with a 宝藏磁石, staggering more statues may increase this.
Heart & Star Generator
Statues for weak Enemies (those killed in one or two hits from lava) can be used to create a Heart and Star generator for boss fights; when they die they they will drop Hearts and Stars whenever 玩家 is not at full health or mana respectively. These drops do not have the spawn limits of Heart Statues and Star Statues. In this context, Crabs and Wall Creepers have the advantage of not dropping anything else. Other weak enemies, which will produce saleable stuff as a side effect, include:
- (one hit) Bats, Dripplers, Piranha, Zombies
- (two hits) Blood Zombie, Harpy, Skeleton, Undead Viking.
- Note that Jellyfish, Slimes, and Hoplites would otherwise qualify, but should be avoided here, due to dropping large numbers of worthless items.
Fighting bosses and events
Once a player has defeated a given 事件 or Boss, they will quickly reach a point where they can kill them easily. Aside from developing skills, 玩家 is accumulating equipment over time, and progressively outclassing their former enemies. It can be quite profitable to repeatedly summon and slaughter prior bosses and events. Not all bosses are listed below, as some are not good moneymakers.
- In Hardmode, the use of the 迈达斯 debuff (金瓶 or 金子弹) will increase enemy drops, as will use of a 幸运币 (or its upgrades).
- The cost of a 金瓶 is 85, and it lasts 20 minutes. Each 50 金子弹 cost 1950, so 200 bullets costs almost as much as the flask.
- If you are sufficiently overpowered for some event, the 幸运币 will reward "cherry-tapping", using weak attacks and weak summons to maximize the number of hits landed. Cherry-tapping works best for Invasions (events with a fixed number of spawns, marked by a progress bar) and perhaps some bosses. There are limits:
- For any given enemy, the Lucky Coin can extract at most (an average of) 122per health point beyond their normal drops, assuming all player attacks do 1 damage each.
- Critical attacks will do at least 2 damage, so high critical chances will reduce yields from cherry-tapping.
- Cherry-tapping is also limited by the rate of attacks. Doing this to bosses can be slow; e.g., cherry-tapping the Eye of Cthulhu can roughly quadruple the take, but will likely take much longer than stomping on four in a row.
- For timed events (Blood Moon, Solar Eclipse, Frost Moon, Pumpkin Moon) the Lucky Coin can still bring in extra money, but it may be more profitable to slaughter enemies as quickly as possible; this will maximize spawns, get the most drops from kills, and in some cases move on to more advanced waves.
- In addition to the drops noted below, the occasional (10%) boss 纪念章 can be sold for 1 each.
- Recall that before version 1.4, 魔矿 and 猩红矿 ores are best sold as bars. (in 1.4 it doesn't matter.)
A few Hardmode enemies warrant special note because of the generosity of their drops. All of these are powerful enough to qualify as minibosses when first encountered:
- 宝箱怪 warrant special note because they drop 10 (25) even without use of the 迈达斯 debuff, and you can sell the items they drop for up to 5. A continuously swinging sword with enough 击退 to keep the 宝箱怪 at distance, or ranged weapons, can easily kill them with little risk. As noted below, farming the Golem's room will reliably produce quite a few Mimics; they are also common in the Underworld.
- 生物群落宝箱怪 drop only 3 up front, but most of their "special" item drops sell for 8 (hooks only for 6), with another 1 or so worth of potions. They are rarer "in the wild", but can be summoned with Keys of 轻 or 夜晚, for a definite profit over 30 worth of Souls.
- 飞龙 drop 1 , and also drop 飞翔之魂. On average, each Wyvern will drop slightly over half the Souls needed for a pair of 翅膀, each pair saleable for 8. Wings will also require an additional "key" ingredient, but many of these can be had as drops from a variety of enemies.
Farming the Eye of Cthulhu will yield about 10 per kill, assuming all drops are transformed and sold.
Even before 玩家 reaches 困难模式, it can easily be defeated multiple times in a row, resulting in lots of money. With Hardmode equipment, it is possible to kill over 100 Eyes in one night.
Each kill yields 3 in coin and an average of 59 ore. (Other drops are worth a bit of silver.) 在 电脑版、 主机版、 移动版、 Switch版、和 tModLoader使用的版本中，selling the ore as bars yields an average of 585 for Demonite, or 76050 for Crimtane. For , that will be 43875 for Demonite, or 57038 for Crimtane.
A stack of 20 可疑眼球 (quite possible with late-game gear) will yield about 60 in coin and ( 电脑版、 主机版、 移动版、 Switch版、和 tModLoader使用的版本) 117 in Demonite or 152 in Crimtane. (For 前代主机版和版, the yield is 88 for Demonite or 114 for Crimtane.)
The Eater of Worlds drops an average of 175 Demonite ore per kill, which sells as bars for an average of about 17. ( 13.)
Buying 魔粉 for a 蠕虫诱饵 costs only 30 – for boss farming, even stocking up during a Blood Moon may be more convenient than gathering or farming the mushrooms. However, the 腐肉 must be harvested. ( a Corrupt Statue can help.) With Hardmode weapons, the Eater can be summarily dispatched, but the Destroyer becomes a more effective use of those Rotten Chunks.
Farming the Brain of Cthulhu will yield about 33 per kill, assuming all drops are transformed and sold.
The Brain of Cthulhu and its 飞眼怪 drop about 5 coin and about 207 Crimtane ore. (357 in 专家模式) 在 电脑版、 主机版、 移动版、 Switch版、和 tModLoader使用的版本中，the bars sell for about 27 (46). 在 前代主机版和版中，the sale yields 20.
Buying 毒粉 for a 血腥脊椎 costs only 30 – for boss farming, even stocking up during a Blood Moon may be more convenient than gathering or farming the mushrooms. However, the 椎骨 must be harvested. With Hardmode weapons, the Brain can be killed fairly quickly, but the Destroyer becomes a more effective use of those Vertebrae.
Farming the Queen Bee will yield about 14 per kill, assuming all drops are sold.
The Queen Bee has no time restrictions and only needs to be summoned in a jungle. Like other early bosses, it becomes very easy to fight with 困难模式 or late-game weapons, even when "enraged". Each Queen Bee drops 5 in coins, plus various item drops whose sale prices average to another 2. On most platforms, 蜂蜡 can be best sold by crafting it into 蜜蜂头饰, to bring in another 2-3. The 憎恶之蜂 is rather easy to craft, as (except on ) all the ingredients can be found or made in the jungle, and it doesn't even need an altar to craft.
Farming the Wall of Flesh will yield about 12 per kill, assuming all drops are sold.
Using Hardmode gear, you can kill the Wall of Flesh quickly and cheaply. It can be summoned day or night, but repeated summons do need to wait on the 向导 respawning after his death. Timing the first fight for just before dawn (4:30 AM) can allow two or more fights in a morning; the Guide will need about 2 minutes after either dawn or his last respawn before he can reappear. Drops 8 in coins, a 神锤 which sells for about 78, and another random item which sells for 2-3.
A decent way to farm the Wall in early Hardmode, even before defeating any mechanical bosses, is by boosting summons (such as the 蜘蛛法杖) with the 蜘蛛盔甲, backed up with a good 悠悠球 and the 悠悠球袋. The 冰雪悠悠球 is easy to obtain in the 冰雪生物群落 and does solid damage as well as the 霜冻 debuff. Collecting more 向导巫毒娃娃 is trivial in the Underworld, especially with Hardmode equipment.
Farming the Destroyer will yield about 12 in coin and 34 worth of drops (sold straight) per kill. The key ingredients for the 机械蠕虫 must be collected from the Underground evil biome, but are common drops from most or all of the enemies there. With Post-Plantera gear, The Destroyer can be killed multiple times in one night, subject only to the supplies for summoning it.
Before version 1.4, crafting Light Discs (formerly 10apiece) makes the Destroyer a major farming target. As of 1.4, their reduced price offers only a slight profit over the materials. On average you can make a stack of 5 Discs for each kill (requiring 15 Souls of Light) with occasional extras. Over multiple kills, there will be leftover Souls of Might; these can be crafted with spare Hallowed Bars from the other mechanical bosses, or just sold on their own.
Farming the Golem will yield about 33 per kill, assuming all drops are sold.
However, you can also make quite a bit of money just farming 丛林蜥蜴 and 飞蛇 in the Golem's room. Place a 水蜡烛 and banners nearby, grapple yourself to the ceiling, and just shoot downward for awhile, and/or let your minions hunt. After a while the 电池 and other loot can be collected. This works well with a Coin Ring, Slime Staff, and Tiki Armor.
This method also will yield quite a lot of Solar Tablet Fragments, a fair number of 宝箱怪, (which drop some nice money and items), and some 叶列茨球 to boot. You will average about one power cell for each banner earned; the banner messages are a good cue to collect your loot, hopefully including power cells. 传送带 can gather the loot into stacks, to prevent items from despawning among the flood of coins.
The solar fragments can be used for Solar Tablets, which summon the remarkably profitable Solar Eclipse (see below)
After repeating the endgame a few times, surplus 月亮碎片 can be crafted into 天塔柱 for sale; 20 each for 15 Fragments, and each pillar drops an average of 36 of its type, averaging almost 2 worth per round.
The Moon Lord himself drops a Portal Gun worth 10, Luminite worth an average of 2550, and an endgame weapon worth 16 to 20. Combining Lunar Fragments into a 天界符 effectively trades them for more 夜明矿 and other Moon Lord drops, but this is not profitable; even without pro-rating them, one Monolith of each type is worth more than the 月亮领主's drops.
Make a house with a thin layer of 熔岩 on the top and sides so the drops don't burn. You may want lava protection to collect the drops. He drops his own summoning item, and if you have more than one you can summon multiples of the boss. Each kill nets coins and items worth about 5.
During Thanksgiving, Turkor the Ungrateful can be farmed by only attacking his heads, which drop most of a gold piece each. This may not be worth the trouble: Consider that the individual heads have 2000 health (but no defense), and attack for 55 damage, then compare that to the 克苏鲁之眼's stats and drops.
If the 万圣节 season is upon your game, treats are in store. Goodie Bags commonly drop costumes with 2 to 3 pieces, each piece worth 60, or the bags can be sold directly for 1. Pumpkins also become plentiful; they can be crafted into chandeliers as above, or baked directly into 南瓜派 (2 for 10 pumpkins) . In the 圣诞节 season, 礼物 can't be sold directly, but many of the gifts within are saleable.
Much as with bosses, once you have mastered an event, you can effectively farm it as desired. Suitable use of lava pools and other traps can allow killing off most of an invasion automatically, leaving you to deal with minibosses, flying enemies, and spot defense. While the pre-Hardmode events are basically small change, Hardmode offers some better opportunities, especially with a 幸运币, 金戒指, or both (as a 钱币戒指). Gold Dust items will also improve drops.
- Even the lowly 血月 has rather better coin drops in Hardmode.
- The 日食 can be particularly profitable – with a Gold Ring (to rapidly gather coins) and powerful weapons, they can approach 1 even before use of Gold Dust items or a Lucky Coin (which can double or triple the yield). The 月光护身符 and 海神贝壳 can be profitably combined into a 月亮贝壳.
- The 哥布林军队 is relatively small, but by the same token can be finished off fairly quickly with an arena and/or advanced weaponry. 破布 for the summoning item can be farmed with a Goblin Statue.
- The 海盗入侵 can yield a bit of cash and some saleable Golden Furniture. Initially, its greatest attraction is the rare drops:
- The 金戒指 is comparatively common, and very useful for collecting coins swiftly.
- A 优惠卡 can save a lot on purchases and reforging.
- The scarce 幸运币 is an actual license to coin money (a Slime Staff can help).
- The 钱币枪 is usually considered an eccentricity, and it does take some inventory management to make it work. That said, with the techniques in this guide, you can have enough money that you can afford to use gold coins as ammunition, and perhaps even platinum!
- For getting rare drops, it's best to "farm" for Flying Dutchmen. Once you do have those drops, farming a Pirate invasion from shelter with a Coin Ring, Slime Staff, and Tiki Armor (if you don't kill the Dutchman, you'll get more pirates) can yield up to 4.
- 火星入侵 are difficult to arrange on demand, but putting a 水蜡烛 on a 漂浮岛 will eventually lure in a Probe, and with a suitable base they could be farmed in fair safety, especially for the Saucer drops. In 1.4, it's not so safe (the saucer's beam now penetrates blocks), but some of the saucer's drops have been distributed to the lesser Martians.
- The 南瓜月 is probably the most effective event to farm coin. An endgame player using the Last Prism, a Stardust Dragon, Nebula armor, and appropriate buffs, can easily farm over 30 per moon (over 10 in coins and over 20 after selling gear).
- With the introduction of the 天顶剑, geared up with Solar armor, 贪婪戒指, and the buff obtained from 金瓶, one can net out over 50 per night after collecting and selling all enemy drops. Also make sure to pick up all hearts after having down a mini-boss, serving as the main source of surviving. One could easily get over-encumbered though, resulting in a large portion of the loots vanishing for too many left on the ground not picked up. This could be mitigated with the uses of additional storage.
- Also make sure to sell loots to a merchant whose happiness is max.
- The 霜月 is more difficult to farm: it's harder than the Pumpkin Moon, also Ice Queens appear only one at a time and are harder to kill quickly.
- 火把神 can be farmed relatively easily: set up an area following the minecart track option in 指南:The Torch God strategies but include a chest near the track. Create a new character and run the event, deposit the first 火把神的恩宠 in the chest and then let it keep running. Open your inventory and click the Quick Stack button (or use an auto-clicker) every time the event ends and you roll past the chest. Each Torch God's Favor sells for 2.
- You should take no damage unless your minecraft track is built very close to the torches; if worried about dying then leave a set of high defense and/or health regeneration armor in the chest for the new character.
- While this is slower than most other Event farming methods it can be completely safe if the area is made in a 墓地 below the 地表层 with a 和平蜡烛, a 向日葵 and at least three NPC housed nearby: Invasion Events will not trigger and enemies will not spawn.
Once in 困难模式 you can buy 金尘 to craft ammunition or Flasks which will increase the amount of money monsters drop on death. Also, don't forget mobs spawn as much below you as above, so filling in any caves below your farm can increase spawn rates within the farm.
Slime Staff Farming
If you have a 幸运币 and 史莱姆法杖 (Slime 雕像 do drop Slime Staffs) you can farm for money very easily at the rate of about 10 Gold/Minute. Making full use of the spawning mechanics, it is possible to make the speed exceed 1 platinum per minute. A simple way to apply the slime staff is to create a space in the Lihzarhd Temple where you can stand in a box in an open space with all of the Lihzarhds crowding below you. Then summon all of the slimes you can. The slimes hit very quickly and only do about 1 damage a hit, with each hit giving a chance to drop several gold coins due to the Lucky Coin. You can do a similar farm by creating a box in the 海洋 and putting 80 Lihzard blocks around you (to spawn 巨骨舌鱼 and increase spawn rate).
However, minions are treated as projectiles, and since the slime won't vanish after hitting a monster, it counts as a piercing projectile: This means that each monster hit by a slime will get 1/6 second's invulnerability against more piercing attacks. This limits the effect of adding more slime minions, unless there are plenty of targets to go around (see invasions note below).
Invasions are also a very viable way of making money from this method. Even for rare 海盗地图 and the effort required to farm 2-3 maps, the profit is well worth the effort. Even with minimum equipment and boosts, including two 召唤药水, a 施法桌 and holing up in a base slightly above or below the ground, one can make an average of 250 per invasion or 275 if they sell the gold furniture 掉落自the invasion enemies.
- The first thing to do is to clear out a flat area in The Hallow, which will help the spawn rate. Then create a pillar, at least 15 blocks high.
- After that, clear out two wide pits on both sides of the pillar with a thin layer of lava, thin enough to not destroy drops. This will kill the 独角兽 and other ground enemies. 传送带 may be helpful to collect coins into stacks. If you have a 金戒指 or upgrade, use that.
- The next step is to make the part to kill the 妖精 and 腹足怪. It should have two box shaped parts, the first part thinner than the second, which will help catch the pixies in the trap. Some players may want to separate the parts with platforms. There should be 飞镖机关, 超级飞镖机关, or 长矛机关 on both sides of the second section, to kill the Pixies and Gastropods. These traps should be connected to a 1秒计时器 with wires.
- The next step is to set up 玩家 room. This room should have doors to allow 玩家 to exit, but not allow enemies in, and a switch to control the traps.
- For maximum efficiency, 玩家 room should have a 水蜡烛, a 红心灯笼, a 篝火, 旗帜 for the enemies, and a chest to store items. It should also qualify as an NPC 家, so that you can pull in a vendor if needed to sell off your loot quickly. While having an NPC there would decrease spawn rates, any time during the night you can assign a vendor there and immediately move off-screen from the farm to teleport them in. After selling off the current loot, if it is still night you can void the house (e.g., break the chair) and head off-screen again to make them teleport to a vacant home and restore your spawn rate.
- 玩家 should also have a minion to help with the slaughter and deal with passing enemies.
- The major items for sale from this farm are: 独角兽角, (2970 per stack of 99), 恩赐苹果 (5 each), 快走时钟 (2) and 扩音器 (2). All the enemies also drop money. You will also get Pixie Dust and gel, which can can be used for crafting more profitable items.
A very fun and effective way to grind money is to gear up with endgame gear and farm the Hardmode Dungeon. After killing 世纪之花 go in there and farm all the monsters you see. Armored Bones drop over ten silver each, and they are so common that you can easily rack up a lot of money fast. Also, sell the 灵气 and drops you don't need for even more money. In one hour, you might be able to get five platinum with water candles and battle potions and maybe even a lucky Blood Moon. Another way to use the dungeon for money-making is to use a farm. 丛林蜥蜴神庙-type 机关 can prove to be very useful in this method, and will make fighting in the dungeon a lot safer.
Hardmode Spider Cave
An effective way to get money is in a 困难模式 蜘蛛洞 with a strong sword such as a 短弯刀 or 断钢剑 and a 水蜡烛 and/or 战斗药水. A 雨云魔杖 can also be quite effective, and some of the Tavernkeep's sentries (or the 蜘蛛女王法杖) can allow farming from outside the cave.
黑隐士 drop 5 directly, 蜘蛛牙 (craft into 蜘蛛女王法杖, which sell for 5 each), and 剧毒法杖 (4 each). Both sorts of staff will average about 15% above their standard price due to random modifiers. Over time, the return (mostly from the Queen Spider Staffs) will average nearly half a gold piece per spider killed.
In addition to the above concerns, none of these are guaranteed to work in any current version; at least some of them have definitely been patched for 1.4.
(This may only work on console by now.) If you craft a stack of copper, silver, or gold coins using a silver, gold, or platinum coin, the crafting menu allows you to craft it back into a single coin. As it turns out, if you take at least one coin from the stack while the rest are in your inventory, put the coin in a storage item such as a chest, safe, or piggy bank, then press deposit all or quick stack on the storage item, the option to craft the original coin still exists as long as you do not exit the inventory screen. You can then craft this coin without it taking away any coins as long as you do not have a separate stack of the lesser coins in your inventory or in the storage item. This gives you a new second coin for free. This glitch does not, however, allow many duplicates to be made at once. If you attempt to do this by making multiple stacks of coins and depositing all of them, the game will not let you craft the original coin as many times as you had stacks. Instead, once you use the option once, the game seemingly realizes that there are no stacks of coins to use to craft a new original coin, therefore the option disappears. Despite this limit, this method still allows for quite quick duping of coins and is one of the few options that does not require another player, joining a server, or editing files.
This trick is known to have been patched in 1.4.
When a character (or world) is created, it is saved as a file on your computer/device. This means that it can be copied like any other file. The default directory for such files are
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players for Windows and
Files>On My iPad>Terraria>Players for iOS, though this may change with other OSs. Characters are stored as .plr files; a character called "Manbearpig" will be saved as "Manbearpig.plr". If this file is copied (into "Manbearpig2.plr", for example) the in-game character selection menu will feature two characters named "Manbearpig". (Note that there is no need to copy "Manbearpig.plr.bak". Also note that the order of the .plr files in 玩家s-folder is representative for the in-game character list.) Any character that has items stored in portable storage, such as a 保险箱 or 猪猪存钱罐 will also have an associated folder with the same name as the character (e.g., a folder named "Manbearpig"). If the character's folder is also copied, 玩家 will be able to duplicate items in portable storage.
The copy will feature all items held and worn by the original (and the accompanying folder will contain all items kept in portable storage), allowing 玩家 to duplicate money and items by repeatedly copying Manbearpig.plr (and Manbearpig folder) and deposit the copies' inventories in a storage item in-game. Creating money like this makes it increase exponentially: if you start with 1 and copy it 31 times, you will have a little more than 999 (1*2=2 (one copy) → 230=1073741824 copper coins = 1073 platinum coins).
Copied character files can afterwards be deleted with no issues arising, though you may wish to also delete each copy's respective .plr.bak file and folder (keeping obsolete .bak files and folders will not impact the game, but it may cause yourself some confusion later). Though arguably being somewhat cumbersome, this method is convenient as it requires no third-party software.
Set your world to "read-only" while you have all your coins in a chest, then load the world. Take the coins, and exit. Set "read-only" off and play again. The coins you took while the world was "read-only" will be in the chest, and you can take them out. If you had, say, about 50 gold, you could get a platinum, and, if you do it again, you can get 2 platinum. And you can do this method whenever needed to get coins back.
Certain servers are dedicated to distributing free items and coins, placed in automatically-refilling chests. These items and coins can be taken freely. Some servers also grant you access to free command of every item in the game.
Instead of using the dedicated server software that ships with Terraria, you can set up a more powerful and advanced server up with TShock. As an admin, you can give yourself free items through 物品 ID.
World edit tools, like TEdit or some other tool, is easy to add or manipulate coins.
Using inventory editors such as Terrasavr can be a way to get money for experimental purposes.
You need: 4 Bars of any kind, 2 item frames, a work bench, and 1 chest. You also have to host a multiplayer server. (Because being in single player mode doesn’t work for this method).
Place the 4 bars down in a square, place the chest on them, destroy the bottom 2 bars. Put the work bench where you just destroyed the bars, mine the chest and replace it with an item frame. Then mine the right side of the work bench, the item frame should be floating. Place the other item frame below the first item frame. Click the first item frame with a item you have at least 2 of. It should duplicate like this: 2 coins, 4 coins, 8 coins, 16 coins. (Also can be used on items other than coins. Breaks when you leave meaning you have to build it up each time you join.
Note:You can also duplicate rare items and sell them.
Another note: Sometimes you might place coins on top of the top item frame, breaking it.
- 1. Place the item(s) you want to dupe in a chest in a world (can be any world, it wont affect the items in it afterwards) and exit the world, but not the game.
- 2. Run
start-server-steam-private(can be found in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria).
start-server-steam-privatewill open the TerrariaServer console window, but it won't close the console window every time you exit like
- 3. In the TerrariaServer console window, select the world where you stored the item(s) you wish to dupe.
- 4. In the Terraria game, join multiplayer game and type
localhostin the ip page.
- 5. Take all the items you want to duplicate using your character (do not exit the world).
- 6. In the TerrariaServer console window, type
exit-nosave(it disconnects your character but doesn't save the world, so your items will still be as it was before you loaded the world).
- 7. In the Terraria game, go to a world and unload all your duplicated items, and exit the world.
- Repeat steps to do it over and over again. This only works if you are the server host, it won't work on anyone else's world.
Note: Doesn't work if you're the host.
Note: Items have a chance of disappearing.
First, in your inventory highlight the coin(s) you want to duplicate. Then, exit out of your inventory. After that has been done, you use the magic mirror and while the screen turns black, you pull up your inventory and pick up the coin(s).
An easier method of duplication if timing is a problem is to turn auto-save off in settings and toss the coins out at spawn, go off the server, re-enter, pick up the coins, and save manually, and repeat until the satisfactory amount is reached.
Note: To make it easier, be the host.
Note: Does not work with a piggy bank/safe.
- Put the items you need in a chest, then save the game
- Turn autosave off.
- Leave the game without saving.
- Go back into the world you were in, and take the items and loot from the chest.
- Exit without saving again.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed.
This is expected to duplicate the item, as it will be in the 玩家的物品栏 and chest at the same time.
Note: 不再works as of the 1.2.4 update.
Note: Doesn't work if you're the host.
Note: Requires either online multiplayer or a second controller and account.
Note: Will work with multiple players.
Note: It can be extremely slow.
First, gather the items you want to duplicate, and give them to the other player. Make sure they have autosave off, and they save with the items in their inventory. (WARNING: Doing the previous part the other way around (saving without the items, exiting when you have them) will not duplicate and instead DELETE the items!) Then, have them give you back the items. Next, they have to exit the game without saving, then rejoin. You and them will have the items and their amounts, doubling the amount you both have. And You can use this trick for almost every item.
Depending on what items you duplicating, you can sell them for a lot of money.
Note: You will need 2 players.
Place a chest, and turn autosave off. Have a second player join with autosave on. Put the amount of money to be duplicated into any chest, then save the game. After the game finishes saving, have the second player leave the game, then have the host leave WITHOUT SAVING. Then, have both players rejoin. The money would still be in the chest, and in the second 玩家的物品栏. Have the second player take the money, leave the game, then have the host leave the game without saving again. Repeat until the wanted amount is reached.
Every after duplicating, put the duplicates in the chest you're using, then save the game, take all the money, & have the second player leave and the host leave without saving. Then have both of them rejoin, and then have the second player put the new duplicates in the chest and then save it. And then take the money. then have the host leave the game. Repeat until the wanted amount is reached.
The money can also be replaced by any item you like to be duplicated.
Note: Requires 2 locations to save, works vise-versa (character save copying), and Super tedious.
Like the Desktop versions of Terraria, the world saves and the character inventory saves are separate. To do this, Place a chest, and put the amount of money you want to duplicate into the chest and save both hard drives (you may need to copy it into the 2nd hard drive). Place the items into your character's inventory, and save and exit the game entirely. Go into the system setting and access storage. Copy the world save from the 2nd hard drive into the 1st. Collect duplicated items. Repeat until the wanted amount is reached.