这意味着这个页面会引导你完成一个特定的任务、战略、或与 敌怪 / Boss 之间的战斗。
Player versus Player是一个允许相互伤害或击杀的可选模式，玩家可以组队或单打。在物品栏界面中点击右上角的剑就可以在多人模式中启用PvP选项。双方必须都开启PvP模式才能互相攻击。
PvP 并不解锁任何游戏内容，而且你不会从你的敌人那里得到任何战利品。他是纯粹可选的。 参加 PvP 的玩家只为娱乐及挑战自我，无论单挑或组队。下面是帮助你成为一个熟练PvP玩家的指南和一些小贴士。
|PvP icons on 电脑版 and 主机版.|
- 夺取宝石（Capture the Gem，CTG）: 夺取大宝石。玩家将组成两个团队，通过将对方基地里的宝石(一般是大宝石)夺回并带回自己的基地而获胜。有关更多信息，详见指南:夺取宝石。* 团队死亡竞赛: 玩家组成两个队伍，第一只队伍达到指定击杀数则获得胜利。
- 大逃杀: 一种玩家分布在各个地方的玩法，玩家会在死亡时淘汰，最后存活的玩家将获得胜利。
- 饥饿游戏: 大逃杀的子模式，玩家可以选择角色，并被允许使用服务器世界中的所有物品来击杀对方玩家。
- 职业战争: 一种子模式，允许玩家从服务器预先设定好的几种职业中进行选择。
- 中核: 为基于团队的游戏玩法提供了更多的空间。当你死亡时，对方会夺取你的装备，使他们更难以被打败。
- 硬核: 对于一些需要击杀的游戏（例如大逃杀），可能需要玩家进入硬核模式。
- 控制 PvP: 标准的 PvP，某些物品禁止使用。目的是为了防止 PvP 演变成仅围绕三四件武器来展开战斗的陈旧体验。
- 终极棱镜-拥有近乎无限的射程，极高的伤害， 并且它的命中区域几乎是瞬间出现的。
- 波涌之刃-在PvP中与 泰拉刃泰拉刃几乎相同，但射弹不会二次攻击玩家。
- 飞龙（物品）-结合了泰拉刃和日耀喷发剑的优点。 有时会被禁用。
- 狙击步枪 - 极高的伤害和速度；如果瞄准得当，可以在几枪内搞定大多数玩家。有时也被禁用。
- 喜庆弹射器 - 伤害高、爆炸范围大，但速度和射速低。
- 雪人炮 - 爆炸范围大、高伤害、高速度。速度比喜庆弹射器略快。
- Blizzard Staff - Covers a wide vertical area. Low damage, but quickly strips away Solar Flare armor and Beetle armor set bonuses.
- Lunar Flare - Higher damage version of Blizzard Staff. Impossible to hide from, especially within structures. Sometimes banned.
- Nebula Blaze - Very high damage, but inaccurate at a distance. Occasionally fires a Nebula Blaze EX that deals triple damage. Sometimes banned.
- Rainbow Gun - Places a low-damage but extremely wide trap.
- Razorblade Typhoon - Low damage, but has a large hitbox and floods enclosed spaces.
Minions and sentries do not attack normally in PvP, but players will take damage upon touching them, and the summon will disappear. This means that it is possible to summon minions and sentries on top of your opponents to damage them instantly, making summoning a viable if somewhat one-dimensional playstyle.
- Rainbow Crystal Staff - Extremely high damage and can be placed in midair. Impossible to hide from, and often banned.
- Staff of the Frost Hydra - Similar to Rainbow Crystal Staff, but can only be placed on the ground.
- Ballista Staff - Similar to Rainbow Crystal Staff, but can only be placed on the ground.
- Morning Star - Extremely high damage. Can nearly one shot players with the correct setup.
While some set bonuses can significantly increase your combat effectiveness, hybrid sets are also not only viable, but often recommended in order to maximize damage bonuses while sacrificing useless bonuses to Critical hit rate.
- Beetle armor (shell) - Reduces damage taken by 45%, 30%, or 15% depending on the number of active beetles. Beetles regenerate periodically and disappear upon taking damage. Greatly enhances survivability in skirmishes.
- Solar Flare armor - Similar to the Beetle Shell, but always grants 30% damage reduction as long as a shield is active. Charges take longer to regenerate.
- Vortex armor - Stealth greatly increases damage, while making you nearly invisible if your health bar is full. Should be toggled off when you are trying to escape.
- Shroomite armor - Makes you nearly invisible and greatly increases damage, but only while standing still. Lesser version of Vortex armor.
- Valhalla Knight's Breastplate and Squire's Great Helm can be kept in the inventory for quick out-of-battle healing.
- The largest increases to Melee damage belong to the Shinobi Infiltrator's Helmet, Solar Flare Breastplate, and Hallowed Greaves.
- Disregarding stealth, the largest increases to Ranged damage belong to Shroomite headpieces, Red Riding Dress, and Vortex Leggings.
- The Frost Helmet is a decent compromise for those who want to use both Melee and Ranged weapons, boosting the damage of both by 16%.
- The largest increases to Magic damage belong to the Chlorophyte Headgear, Dark Artist's Robes, and Nebula Leggings.
- If you leave your vanity slots empty, your opponents will be able to identify your armor set simply by looking at you. Whether you choose to conceal yourself with a different armor set or simply a vanity set that you think looks good, it is best to equip something in those slots, if only to deny this advantage to your opponents.
- Dyes are also a useful consideration, especially when worn with vanity sets that fully cover the player's skin, to blend in with Background Walls/darkness, assuming the dyes used for each slot are of a similar color to the wall tiles behind the player's sprite..
As players generally focus on dealing rapid burst damage, accessories providing a regeneration bonus over time, such as the Band of Regeneration, will not save you from death. It is viable to specialize in either damage output or percentage-based damage reduction, but some form of mobility is practically a requirement; neither the Shrimpy Truffle nor the Cosmic Car Key is agile enough to evade a competent human player.
As your aim as a PvP player is to win the DPS war against your opponent, all your accessories should be reforged to Menacing. Increasing your damage dealt by 4% will give you a more significant edge than reducing damage taken by 2.
- Charm of Myths - Allows you to consume a healing potion 15 seconds earlier, which could save your life.
- Shiny Stone - Regenerates health very quickly when out of combat.
- Cross Necklace - Increases the duration of invincibility frames, though not to the same extent that it does against monsters.
- Master Ninja Gear - Has a 10% chance to negate damage and provide a duration of invincibility, up to 2 seconds with the Cross Necklace. Usually banned for this reason.
- The Tabi however is generally not banned, and provides an invaluable way to move quickly and unpredictably.
- Ankh Shield - Protects you from being stunlocked by Yoyos and other fast weapons. Debuff protection is not very valuable in PvP, as most weapons fail to inflict debuffs in PvP regardless (with the Bee Keeper as a rare exception).
- Paladin's Shield - Provides 2 more defense than the Ankh Shield and the same protection against knockback. Reduces damage taken by allies when the wearer is above 25% HP by taking the damage yourself, while also activating effects from accessories such as the Star Veil and Black Belt. An excellent choice in team-based PvP.
- Worm Scarf - Provides 17% damage reduction.
- Frozen Turtle Shell - Provides 25% damage reduction when below 50% health.
- Sniper Scope - Allows you to see enemies from further away, making it easier to conduct a pre-emptive strike.
- Damage-increasing accessories such as a class-specific Emblem/Celestial Emblem, Avenger Emblem/Mechanical Glove, and/or Celestial Stone/Celestial Shell/Destroyer Emblem/Sniper Scope, listed in decreasing order of raw damage boost.
Potions and Buffs
- Super Healing Potions can save you from the brink of death.
- Ironskin Potion, Endurance Potion, Lifeforce Potion, and Regeneration Potion improve your survivability just as much as they do outside of PvP.
- Swiftness Potion increases speed by 25%, preventing you from falling behind others buffed with Swiftness.
- Obsidian Skin Potion negates lava hazards and prevents Elf Melters from setting you on fire.
- Invisibility Potion grants complete invisibility, but you become visible during the brief moments when you attack. While it may be disorienting to not know your own location, it is far more aggravating for your opponents, unless they have managed to scratch you to reveal your health bar. Sometimes banned.
- Gravitation Potion is disorienting, but provides extra maneuverability.
- Featherfall Potion allows you to move unpredictably.
- Mana Regeneration Potion provides the most impactful buff for mages, drastically speeding up mana regeneration without the need for Super Mana Potions.
- Magic Power Potion, Clairvoyance, Archery Potion, and Sake improve damage output for their respective classes.
- Wrath Potion improves damage output for all classes.
- Dangersense Potion alerts you to the presence of traps.
- Night Owl Potion increases visibility, but unlike the Shine Potion, it will not give away your position.
- Well Fed increases several stats, and improves health regeneration on Expert mode worlds.
- If you have a Light Pet, it is best to turn it off to avoid premature detection. You want to see your opponents before they see you.
- The Bat Hook retracts faster than any other hook, and is the best for making rapid maneuvers.
- The Slimy Saddle allows you to rapidly launch off the ground with no acceleration required, and also allows you to fall quickly out of the air.
- Neither the Cosmic Car Key nor the Shrimpy Truffle provide you with a lot of agility, but they are at least more agile than a pair of Wings whose flight time has run out.
- If not banned, the Rod of Discord is an extremely useful movement option that allows you to teleport to any location on your screen.
- Smoke Bombs produce clouds of smoke roughly 2 blocks wide and 9 blocks tall. A few of them can easily conceal a player or two, which can be useful for stealth, in case any form of invisibility is unavailable.
Your strategies will change depending on the type of PvP gameplay (see above). The strategies described below are more applicable to team modes such as Capture the Gem or dedicated all-out PvP servers, rather than for unrestricted PvP with endgame equipment.
Your enemies may have set up traps and other defenses to counter anyone who gets too close. If the area isn't protected by plugins such as TShock, disabling traps with a Wire Cutter or The Grand Design is very simple. Otherwise, the utility of scouting is very limited, so it is better to attack at once as a group.
By using Wormhole Potions, your teammates can teleport to your position and ambush your opponents. If you are scouting for this purpose, be sure to drink an Invisibility Potion to avoid giving away the surprise. However, even if you are invisible or stealthed, your enemies will still be able to see your health bar if it isn't full.
In PvP, it is essential to be able to move quickly and unpredictably to avoid getting hit. Relying on the Cosmic Car Key as your only form of flight may have worked when fighting monsters, but the same approach in PvP will get you picked off very quickly. The Tabi, Wings, and a fast grappling hook such as the Bat Hook should always be considered for high mobility.
- The Solar Flare armor's dashing ability is not a substitute for the Tabi, as you temporarily lose this ability once you run out of shield charges.
- The Swiftness Potion boosts your movement speed by 25%.
- The Slimy Saddle can be used to greatly increase falling speed or to instantly jump high off the ground with no delay; both of these sudden, unpredictable movements are valuable for dodging attacks.
- As players are taller than they are wide, attacking other players from either side is generally more effective than attacking from above or below. For this reason, vertical movement is typically considered more valuable for dodging, so it is recommended to equip Wings with a high vertical speed boost such as Solar Wings, or a Frog Leg.
By quickly placing a wall of blocks such as dirt, you can defend yourself from most projectiles, forcing opponents to approach. This can be taken further by placing three platforms on your own side of the blockade and hammering them, creating a one-way blockade behind which you can still fire upon your opponents. This is most effective in formats that involve new characters using earlygame equipment.
Summoning multiple bosses at an enemy's base is an effective way to cause chaos if they aren't properly geared to take the bosses on.
Dungeon Bricks are the most plentiful explosion-proof blocks that will prevent your base from being destroyed by someone using explosives. If explosives are not banned on the server, consider using those.
If building is allowed on the server, naturally-occurring hazards can be repurposed to damage or distract your PvP opponents. They are unlikely to harm players with access to flight or hooks, but can potentially be effective in modes that require fresh characters. The following information may also be of interest to those who wish to design an arena for other players to fight each other on.
- Spikes and Wooden Spikes harm players on contact.
- Meteorite, Hellstone, and Hellstone Bricks rapidly deplete the health of players that are touching them. However, this can be negated with variants of the Obsidian Skull or Obsidian Skin Potions.
- Lava is one of the most damaging natural hazards, and can be used to line the bottom of deep pits.
- Sand can be dropped on players, dealing minor damage. If a large amount of Sand is dropped all at once, such as through a wiring mechanism, players will be trapped and rapidly suffocate.
- Actuators can be used to surprise players by creating a deep pit, killing them with fall damage, or by blocking off entrances/exits, or opening holes in walls to shoot through.
- Certain Statues such as Chest Statues and Medusa Statues can be wired to a Pressure Plate or Timer, creating a deadly threat to players still using Pre-Hardmode gear.
- Boulders can be sent rolling towards opponents, whether through wiring or by placing Boulders manually and hitting them with a Pickaxe. They will typically roll to the left, only rolling to the right if there is no space to the left.
- Cobwebs are easily removed through attacks, but become a significant hazard if placed in an area that is protected by TShock plugins.
- Traps obtained from the Jungle Temple can be wired to fire automatically or upon activation with a Pressure Plate.
- Explosives can be wired to a Pressure Plate to create a trap that is destructive both to players and to the surrounding terrain.
- Land Mines are a more convenient variation that does not cause environmental damage.