The Excalibur is a Hardmode sword which is capable of autoswing and can be crafted with Hallowed Bars. When swung, it emits the light particles typical of the Hallowed theme. It can also be upgraded into the True Excalibur, a powerful Hardmode sword, which in turn can be further upgraded into the Terra Blade, which can additionally be upgraded to the post-Moon Lord sword, the Zenith.
- The player is unable to turn while swinging Excalibur, similar to the War Axe of the Night and The Breaker.
- The Excalibur can be swung while walking backwards, which is useful for knocking back enemies during retreat.
- Unmodified Excalibur sells for slightly less than the Hallowed Bars required to make it (460 vs. 480), but since the random modifiers increase a melee weapon price by 11.2% on average, crafting and selling Excaliburs in bulk is still about 6.6% more profitable.
- Prior to patch 1.2, the Excalibur was the strongest sword in the game.
- Excalibur is the mythical sword of King Arthur from Arthurian legends. While some sources conflate Excalibur with the "Sword In The Stone" by which Arthur proved his kingship, more reliable sources have them as two separate swords. (Excalibur is later given to Arthur by the Lady In The Lake.) In Terraria, the Sword In The Stone is separately represented by the Enchanted Sword item.
- The Enchanted Sword enemy shares the Excalibur's sprite design.
- The Excalibur on the 电脑版和 移动版 has better stats than the Tizona, a sword crafted from the Excalibur on the 前代主机版和 releases (where the Excalibur itself is considerably weaker). 版
- 电脑版 126.96.36.199：
- Damage increased from 57 to 66.
- Use Time decreased from 25 to 20.
- 电脑版 1.3.1：外观更新。
- 电脑版 188.8.131.52：伤害由 47 提升至 57。
- 电脑版 1.1：引入。