- On the 主机版, the Blizzard Staff's icicles fall over a slightly larger area, rendering it less effective against smaller targets.
- On the 主机版, due to the inability to bring the cursor farther than a few tiles away from the character, the icicles will go a lot farther in any given direction, and can make the icicles travel horizontally.
- The Blizzard Staff can be considered an upgrade of the Meteor Staff, though the Blizzard Staff's projectiles do not pierce or explode. The Lunar Flare can be considered a direct upgrade of the Blizzard Staff, as its projectiles travel through blocks, are more precise, and have a higher DPS.
- On the 移动版, opening the inventory moves the player's screen up several tiles. If they tap the top-center of the screen while it is open, they are tapping at the exact point the icicles spawn and they will fly off on random directions. Because it is trying to reach anywhere near that point (within the margin of error of this weapon's accuracy), which is entirely surrounding the spawn point of the icicles, they can fly off in any direction.
- Aiming lower increases this weapon's accuracy, although this is less noticeable the lower the player aims it.
- 电脑版 1.2.3：
- Mana cost increased from 5 to 9.
- Fixed bug where the Blizzard Staff could shoot upwards if you were standing on the bottom of The Underworld.
- 电脑版 1.2.2：Introduced.
- 3DS版 1.03：Introduced.