- Meteor Shot are available early, are cheap to make, and are good for dealing with large crowds of enemies, due to their ability to hit two enemies per shot. This makes them useful for surviving early events such as a Blood Moon or a Goblin Army.
- Like all piercing projectiles, Meteor Shot are strong against worm-type enemies and bosses because they can potentially hit two body sections with each bullet, dealing double damage.
- This ammunition has the drawback of dealing only some bullet's damage when used with rapid fire or spread shot weapons due to the invincibility frames granted by most piercing projectiles. Multiple Meteor Shot may overlap a single enemy during these frames and deal no damage, reducing single-target damage output. However, these Meteor Shot are not wasted and can still damage enemies beyond the first target.
- Meteor Shot are useful for locating Floating Islands: a bullet fired upward will bounce off the bottom of one, back towards the ground. The Water Bolt spell can be used in a similar fashion. Both projectiles make sounds on impact with blocks, so if a player misses their visual cue, the audio cue of the bullet or bolt hitting nearby ground may be heard instead.
- 电脑版 1.4.1：
- Damage decreased from 9 to 8.
- Shots will no longer fail to hit their targets due to immunity frames caused by other projectiles.
- 电脑版 1.2：Crafting recipe changed from 1 Meteorite Bar and 25 Musket Balls for 25 Meteor Shot to 70 Musket Balls and 1 Meteorite Bar for 70 Meteor Shot.
- 电脑版 1.0.5：Crafting recipe changed from 1 Meteorite Bar (and no Musket Balls) for 100 Meteor Shot to 25 Musket Balls and 1 Meteorite Bar for 25 Meteor Shot.
- Switch版 1.0.711.6：Introduced.
本 Wiki 翻译以官方 Wiki 中文语言包为准